Would round base anatomical or oval base anatomical work best? (Photo)

I was at consultations with few different surgeons and now need to chose between two of them. One suggested me round base anatomical implants (365cc,5.1 projection,12cm h and 12 cm w-highest point lower half), another one-oval base anatomical implants (365cc, 4.9 projection, 13,3 h and 11,5 w or 415cc, 5.1 projection, 13.9 h and 12 w). My base is 12,5 cm and I am 5"4 and 113lbs. Have 70B cup now with empty upper breast pole. Which one better to choose? What result should I expect with each of them?

Would round base anatomical or oval base anatomical work best?

Thank you for the question. These days there are a variety of breast implants available; the variety of breast implant available raise a lot of questions from women considering breast augmentation surgery. Personally, I think that for most patients considering breast augmentation surgery, careful selection of plastic surgeon and careful communication of goals, far outweigh the specific type of breast implant utilized (when it comes to the success of the breast augmentation procedure).
Anatomical breast implants were designed to better simulate the natural breast shape; the problem with these implants is that if they shift or rotate, the entire breast will change shape as well. This change in breast shape may require further surgery to correct. Round implants, under the hand, can shift or rotate without changing the shape of the breasts. Overall, I find that beautiful outcomes can be achieved with the use of round saline or silicone gel breast implants for the vast majority of patients.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “very natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

A combination breast lift with smooth round moderate profile plus implants would be my choice. If you do not want lift then the memory shaped (oval) textured are recommended for patients with ptosis.

Round implants high profile under the muscle no lift

A round implant would be a better choice because they move more like breasts. The anatomic implants have a textured surface which makes them feel very unnatural. In addition, there is no benefit to anatomical. There is an X-Ray study that shows the implants from the side at 6 months. Standing, the round and the antomical implants have the same profile. When you lie down however, the anatomical implants do not change, which is unnatural. A round implant will change when you lie down, like a natural breast would.

HP implants, which are a more modern shape than moderate profile implants, fit most women better. They have a more appropriate base diameter and can be made to look very natural or very augmented, depending on where in the range the implants are filled to achieve a particular volume. High profile implants are the first choice in my opinion. I rarely find an indication to use moderate or moderate plus implants. The subtlety in the final outcome is not achieved by which profile implant is used, it is determined by the skill in the creation of the pocket, the choice of volume, and where in the range the implant is filled.

In my opinion- you appear to have what we call pseudo ptosis or sagging breasts. Implants will give you larger sagging breasts. I would recommend a breast lift with high profile implants - round silicone under the muscle along with a lift. This combination of procedures will give you in my opinion- your best, perkiest fullest breasts. 

Which anatomic implant would be best?

There is a dimension you left out in trying to determine the best option.  It would be helpful to know the distance from the sternal notch (the indent at the base of the neck/top of the sternum) to the nipple on each side.  If it less than 20 or 21 cm consider the oval base.  If it is 21 or more consider the round base.  Also, you want to have about a 1/2 cm on each side of extra breast tissue to cover the implants. (i.e. a base with of 12 cm should consider an 11 cm or possible 11.5 cm wide at most anatomic implant).  The inframammary fold to nipple distance on stretch is also important to know if the fold needs to be lifted or lowered for the implant to sit properly.    

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon