Should I be worried about cobblestoning yet? (photo)

I had a hair transplant procedure (fue) 8 days ago. Most of the scabs/crusts are gone, but my scalp is still bumpy and textures, and I'm very worried about developing cobblestone scars. My doctor just says "give it time everything will be fine", but I want to do everything I can in my power to settle this scarring down as fast as possible. What can I do now to facilitate my chances of health scalp healing?

Cobblestoning

Generally at only one week past your transplant there's no way to tell what the final end results are going to look like, including the scarring. In several weeks if it hasn't gone away is the time to start panicking about it.

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

It would be to early to worry about scarring or cobble stoning days after surgery. It is always a risk for people who are

It would be to early to worry about scarring or cobble stoning days after surgery.  It is always a risk for people who are prone to scarring.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Irregular surface after FUE

I would wait for a few more weeks and see what it looks like after the grafts are shed before panicking. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Cobblestoning after FUE

it is very early to tell.  I hate to say it, but you have to wait until things are fully healed before you can determine what the ensuing effects are.  After a few weeks I tend to like and start scalp massage on my patients which can help soften that scarring - then again, it depends on what procedure we did, etc.  My advice to you is simple - give it time, keep your doctor in the loop as far as healing is concerned, and, when in doubt, have them see you or schedule a video conference depending on your availability.  Best of luck.   It is still early on, keep your head up!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cobble stoning after hair transplant

If you are worried and concerned, you need to be followed up with your doctor. At this point, it may be just the scabs and may go away. You can not tell if it is cobblestone until it is all healed.

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon