Working out after breast augmentation?

When can I start walking on the treadmill or working out as I am a trainer ,after breast augmentation. And at what pace and duration? Will this slow my scar healing worse my incision is under breast crease thank you

Working out following BA

You should ask your plastic surgeon what he or she recommends regarding exercise.  My recommendations are light walking at two weeks cardio without using your arms AFTER three weeks and upper body after six weeks.

Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Activity Restriction

Thank you for the question. I advise my patients to avoid cardio activity for 3 weeks post op and to avoid upper body work outs/heavy lifting, for an additional 3 weeks after that.
Each Plastic Surgeon has their own preferred protocols so it is best to ask your surgeon what they advise for you.

All the best

Working out after BA

Gym and Pilates is fine after 6-8 weeks after surgery.
Avoid lifting 8 weeks after surgery.
Light jogging is fine after 3-4 weeks. 

Listen to your body. Start with light exercise then step up to a moderate activities to a physical demanding activities.

Boonchai Taweerattanasil, MD
Thailand Plastic Surgeon

Working out after breast augmentation

The following is what I advise my patients to do regarding activity starting two weeks post op.Two weeks post op:You may begin NON IMPACT cardio. This includes walking on a treadmill, using the elliptical machine without the use of your arms, stair climber, stationary bike, etc… Weight restrictions include not lifting anything over 10-15 pounds. No legs, core, chest, arms or upper back exercises allowed.
Two months post op:You may begin MODERATE IMPACT cardio, such as light jogging and workout classes like Zumba. Core and leg work is also allowed. Still no chest, arms, shoulder or upper back training.
Three months post op:You are unrestricted at this point, but remember to start slow with low weight (low means 2-3lbs!) and high repetitions. Do not do anything too fast or too heavy! Start doing push ups against a wall/counter, then knees and finally progress to the floor. Use resistance bands instead of pull ups. If you do Crossfit or have a trainer, start with a modified workout. REMEMBER LIGHT WEIGHT AND HIGH REPS!

Best of Luck

When can you work out after breast augmentation

Hi There,
I tell all my patients after breast augmentation " 3 weeks no exercise, no gym, no yoga, no sauna, no hot tub,no massage,". you are only allowed to carry a 3 lbs purse.
but if you are a trainer, you can point your clients what to do but without doing anything !
Happy recovery !
F. Mussat, MD

Florence Mussat, MD

Post operative activity for breasts augmentation

Dear curves,
 Congratulation on you surgery. This is a great investment in yourself. 
 So, be careful and patient , in order to protect your precious investment.
   The main concern with starting you activity too early is bleeding that can cause capsule contracture and prevent you from obtaining beautiful, soft and natural looking breasts.
 An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure...
 In my practice , I recommend to avoid any exercise , lifting or cleaning activity for 2 weeks. In the following week they are allowed 25% of their pre surgery activity and in the 4th week 50% of that activity. One month after surgery all activity limitation are lifted.
      I hope this make sense to you and is helpful.
                                        Dr Widder

Working out after breast augmentation?

Thank you for your question.  In most cases this question is best asked of your surgeon as they know the full details of your procedure and can offer you the best advice.  In my practice patients are asked to refrain from upper body activities for a minimum of 6 weeks after surgery, but can return to cardio at 2.  Hope this helps.

Working out after Breast Augmentation

I advise my patients they cannot do any upper body exercises or lifting for six weeks. Absolutely no exercise or raising your heart rate to an exercise level for the first three weeks. After 3 weeks, my patients can do lower body exercise, treadmill, bike and elliptical without any arms. At six weeks, my patients can resume all exercise. The exercise will not slow the scar healing- just make sure nothing is rubbing on the incisions.  Best of luck in your recovery!

Fred Hackney, MD

When can i work out

There are probably as many answers to this question as there are plastic surgeons doing this procedure and the best resource for you is your operating plastic surgeon.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Recovery

Usually the recovery after augmentation us quick and you can be up walking and moving around the next day. Every surgeon is different in regards to activity level, do make sure you check in with the office if you have questions 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon