Almost 4 weeks post op and my left breast gives me a sharp, tight pain. Should I worry?

I am almost 4 weeks post op. I initially after surgery I had not feeling in my nipple and my doc said that would come back. It has but as the right one barely hurts anymore my left one gets shooting pain from my nipple and tge lower part of my breast. I also get an almost twisted feeling as well and when that happens I stretch my arms/chest and it seems to subside. I also noticed an indention on the top of that breast that was not there a week or so ago, could that be a ripple already showing

4 week post op with left breast giving sharp pain

Possibly a new sharpe type pain following breast augmentation could be caused by multiple factors including capsular contracture, muscle strain, or nerve discomfort.  Only your board certified plastic surgeon can only give you a correct diagnosis, I would recommend you follow up with him or her so they can make the right decision.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Almost 4 weeks postop and my left breast gives me a sharp tight pain. Should i worry?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Due to the swelling that takes place with surgery, the nerves of the skin can become stretched and irritated.  This can result in a myriad of different sensations including numbness, hypersensitivity, burning, or sparky/electrical pain.  This tends to improve spontaneously given enough time, so allow your results to continue to mature and you should see resolution.  Hope this helps.

Sensory issues

It is not uncommon to have some sensory issues early post-op. This often improves with time. Best of luck.

The pain that you are describing could be healing or nerve regeneration pain of the nerves which were injured during surgery and cause numbness.  This pain is usually self-limited and decreases in time.  Of course it is most important for you to follow-up with your plastic surgeon for an examination and not rely on Internet opinions.

1 month post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Pain after breast augmentation

There are lots of reasons to have pain in the breast after augmentation. You most likely are experiencing some nerve pain which usually presents as electrical shocks and leads to hypersensitivity in the nipple and will improve. If the implants were placed under the muscle, you may be having muscular pain and can be improved w slow atretching and muscle relaxants and ice. Capsular contracture can be occurring as well. Speak with your plastic surgeon for advice. Good luck!

Tripti Burt, MD
Plainfield Plastic Surgeon

It can take a few months for pain and discomfort to resolve. An in person evaluation by your plastic surgeon is the best way to follow up. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

It is very common to get sharp pains after a BA

It is not unusual for me to hear from my patients, a complaint about either a sharp pain or an electric shock feeling or tingling etc. this is all normal. 

it is all part of the healing process.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon