5 weeks post op from a BA. 345cc moderate silicone. When is it safe to wear a swim suit top that has underwire in it? (Photo)

At 5 weeks post-op, is it ok to wear a swim suit top with an underwire in it?

It is safe to wear a swim suit top that has an underwire in it at five weeks post-op.  The breasts have formed a thin capsule around the implants by this time and you will not cause any harm to your surgical result.  Enjoy your new look.

Toledo Plastic Surgeon

5 weeks post op from a BA. 345cc moderate silicone. When is it safe to wear a swim suit top that has underwire in it?

Thank you for your question.  In most cases after a breast crease incision patients can return to underwire bra use at 6 weeks.  If you have healed well and are not having any incision issues it is likely fine to use one now, but talk to your surgeon for their recommendations.

When is it safe to wear an underwire.

After five weeks we would feel that it is safe to wear your bathing suit top with the underwire, or even a bra for that matter.

Underwire bra/swimsuit

I allow my breast augmentation patients to resume using a normal bra or swimsuit with underwire 3 to 4 weeks post-op. However, situations can vary from patient to patient, so check with your surgeon regarding his instructions! Good luck and enjoy the summer!

Salem Samra, MD
Middletown Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

thank you for your question. I usually recommend waiting till six weeks from time of surgery to wear Any garment with under wire. It's best to check with your surgeon for his/her recommendations. Best of luck!

Dr. Dhaval M. Patel
Hoffman Estates, South Barrington, Oak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

5 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD