Will Voluma help with lines on the side of the mouth and help lift the eyes?

Voluma facial augmentation

Voluma is an excellent mid face volume enhancer that has a proven safety record. It is ideal for volume enhancement in addition to other stimulatory facial fillers for the lower face. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 

Voluma for Lines Around the Mouth

Voluma is a mid-face volumizing filler and, when injected properly by a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon or someone skilled in their offices, can make the lines on the sides of the mouth – what we call the nasolabial folds – look less pronounced. With the proper lifting, the lower eye areas will look more full, more rested but Voluma will not do much for lifting the eyes. The best things here are small amounts of toxins like Botox, Dysport or Xeomin, and Ultherapy, which has an FDA indication for this.

Find the right doctor and learn all the appropriate options.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma for facial correction

Voluma is a fabulous product to give an immediate lift in the mid-face.  It is not designed for the area around the eye or the mouth.  The area around the mouth can best be treated with Restylane or Juvederm.  A non-surgical eye lift can be best treated with Botox and Thermage.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with facial injections.

Voluma for lines around the mouth and lift the eyes

A mild lifting of the eyelids can sometimes be accomplished with Xeomin® or Botox Cosmetic®. A tightening of the eyelids can be accomplished with a Fraxel® laser. An actual "eyelift" is a surgical procedure called blepharoplasty. And yes Juvederm Voluma® can fill the lines on the sides of the mouth, especially If they are deep. If the lines on the sides of your mouth are superficial, other dermal fillers such as Belotero® or Restylane® may be appropriate as well.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Voluma to lift the eyes?

I agree that Voluma is a wonderful filler for the midface and to augment the cheeks.  It may improve the nasolabial folds somewhat but I don't think there will be as much improvement as if these folds were directly filled with filler.  I do not believe that Voluma injections will be effective to raise the eyes.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Will Voluma helps with lines?

Voluma is typically used for areas that require large volume filling such as the cheeks. Without an in person assessment I am unable to provide you with an accurate answer for your specific case.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Voluma will it help eyes and lines on the side of mouth

Voluma is a great filler for the cheek area and when injected in the right plane deep near the bone in the cheek it will effectively create a lift making the nasolabial folds and jowls less pronounce.  While it doesn't lift the eyelid, in most people the lower lids look less tired when the cheek is fuller so it looks like a "lift". Everyone's anatomy is different so I suggest you see an experienced injector to see what would be best for your particular problem. Best of luck.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Voluma and Effects

Voluma can be used in a multitude of ways but it all depends on how it is injected.  It is FDA approved for the midface/cheeks, but I am using it in various place of the face and body.  I suggest posting photos for us to give you advice or seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for an in person formal evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.