Vaser Lipo of Upperarms? (photo)

I am considering vaser lipo of my upper arms. I have never liked my upper arms as I am petite and have always felt they were not in proportion to the rest of me. I am 51 and am concerned if I do it, it will result in a more wrinkled look instead of more sculptured and proportioned. I don't want to be disappointed.

VASER Lipo to the arms

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello and thank you for your question!  Based on your photographs, I think that you would be a nice candidate for this procedure.  The VASER Lipo procedure uses ultrasound technology to break down the fat cells prior to suctioning which allows for less bruising, better contouring, and an overall more comfortable procedure.  I perform this procedure here in my office under local anesthetic. Better/closer photographs or an in office evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon would be necessary to determine how your skin will respond to this procedure.  From the looks of it, I think you would do very well with this procedure.  Best of luck!

Lone Tree Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Lipo of Upperarms?

Vaser liposuction is an option, I might suggest SmartLIPO Triplex as another option. Best to see a few surgeons. 

Vaser Lipo of Upperarms

Vaser liposuction, also known as Vaser #lipo, LipoSelection or Liposuction, is an advanced body #contouring procedure that selectively removes unwanted body fat. An alternative to the harsh techniques of traditional liposuction, #Vaser lipo uses state-of-the-art ultrasound technology designed to gently #reshape your body and, yes, it can be done on the #upper #arms.

There are three types of #Vaser Lipo. Each benefit patients differently depending on their needs. Vaser Lipo  is capable of removing fat from resilient areas providing a smoother and slimmer results. It is common for reducing love handles, extra skin along the bra line or flanks on many female patients. Additionally, it is often applied to the reduction of male breast surgeries, called gynecomastia surgery. Meanwhile, Vaser Hi-Def  targets both deep and superficial fat cells which is found around muscle tissue. This is suggested to tone and defined rather than reduce fat when not necessary. Finally, Vaser #4D, although similar to Vaser Hi-Def works well with the existing muscle tissue.. However, it results in more natural appearing definition to those areas, being treated. Vaser 4D is often applied to treating abdominal region to improve definition.  Additionally, it's not uncommon for Vaser Liposuction to combined with fat transfer which removes and transfers fat to another area of the body. 

It's best to begin consulting with a board certified plastic surgery to learn if you are a candidate for liposuction. If so, you will then learn more about which #technique will work best for you and your goals. It is important you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with #vaser #liposuction.

Vaser Lipo of Arms

No question that the worst incision in all of plastic surgery is a longitudinal arm lift.  I do anything I can not to place that incision unless it is absolutely necessary.  Vaser can be used to reduce volume as well as to provide some contraction of the skin.  Difficult to assess by photographs alone, but think you would be a reasonable candidate for Vaser Lipo without subsequent skin redundancy.  You must however be evaluated in person by a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area to get the true answer.

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon