What is the typical recovery like for lipo done in a small area around belly button?

I am having breast augmentation done along with liposuction around my belly button. I don't have very much fat around the belly button, but I can't seem to get rid of it with exercise and diet. I'm afraid of what the recovery will be like and because there is not a lot of fat that needs to be removed, I'm afraid it may make my abdomen look bad. I would love to hear about or see pictures of others who have had this done in the same area with little fat. Thanks!

Liposuction Recovery

Thank you for your question. It is important to realize that the amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals. The first few days after surgery, you should rest quietly. If you can elevate the body part, it is usually suggested that you do so. Remember, you must not take Aspirin or certain anti-inflammatory medications. You most likely will wear a garment. If it is too tight, you should promptly notify your surgeon. During the first 48 hours following surgery, patients experience varying degrees of swelling and bruising. Although the vast majority of patients will have virtually no bruising, some patients will have bruising. Bruising typically disappears within 7 to 10 days. Stitches are usually removed within a week of surgery. Straining, bending over and lifting should be avoided during the early postoperative period. In many instances, you will be able to resume most of your normal activities within 10 days or less. Best of luck!Dhaval M. Patel Double board certifiedPlastic surgeon Hoffman Estates BarringtonOakbrook Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

What is the typical recovery like for lipo done in a small area around belly button

Thank you for submitting your question.The area around the belly button is very fibrous fat and swelling can last longer then other areas of the body.   Light walking is fine after surgery. In General after liposuction,You can resume your exercise regimen anywhere between 14 -21 days. Exercising before two weeks will cause swelling and pain. Hernia repair will delay your return to exercising. Follow the recommendations of your surgeon. Best Wishes

Small liposuction around belly button

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Recovery from a small liposuction is usually quite rapid -
  • Some bruising, some swelling, pain or discomfort for a day or two.
  • Discuss your concerns with your surgeon -
  • There is fibrous tissue around the belly button that cannot be removed with liposuction
  • Be sure to show your surgeon exactly the fat areas that you want treated
  • Confirm that a small cannula (3 mm at most) will be used.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Recovery after liposuction

• For a small area as you describe, it is common to be able to return to work the next day. A few days of recovery and you should be able to get back to the gym and any normal activities. I always recommend Motrin at the start of the day to keep most of the discomfort away.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Recovery time

Thank you for your question.  Typically recovery for a small area of liposuction can be as little as a few days, however it is important to remember that swelling occurs after surgery and you need to wear a compression garment for the first week to two weeks.  

Best regards,
Dr. Lane F. Smith, MD
Plastic Surgeon
Las Vegas, NV

Lane Smith, MD

Liposuction around the belly button

Liposuction is still surgery and even a small amount will cause mild discomfort for a few days after the procedure.  That being said, as long as the quality of your skin is good, you should expect a good result.  You will not, however, see your liposuction results immediately.  It will take several months for the swelling to fully go away.  Good Luck!

Liposuction Around Belly Button and Downtime

Liposuction in this area takes 3-6 months to fully see the effect, as there is often a lot of swelling after the procedure.  With good tumescent anesthesia however, you can start exercising as early as 3-5 days after, but you will need to wear a compression for 7-10 days.  i would speak to your treating physician about their own individual protocol.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Healing takes time

Even a little fat takes a careful small cannula liposuction and that is real surgery.  Real surgery takes one year to heal.  You will be fine but abdomens take time and the area around the belly button is notorious for holding on to  the  swelling.   Do it but be patient.   There is no magic formula.  My Best.   Dr C

Liposuction for a small area.

We actually did this same thing this morning, and liposuction is a small area done "by hand" can be very satisfying, and the recovery a simple one, just over the weekend. With care the abdomen will be smooth and you can do well.