What type of lips are these? I am thinking about lip injections. (photos)

What type of lip is lip A and what type is lip B? What are their differences?

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat

fillers, fat and implants can augment lips.  If you are looking for a different shape or size, please see a cosmetic dermatologist with experience to assess your lips and decide what is best.  Dr. Emer.

Lips and Shape and Best Injections of Fillers NYC

There is a lot that goes in to choosing the best fillers for lip injections.  I would definitely look at the shape and the size naturally that is present before deciding what filler to choose.  Lip A is much thinner then lip B but both can be accentuated and made to have a better cometic appearance.  The lip line and "pillow" of the lips can be injected to improve the volume and lip line.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Type of Lips for Injections

The lips you show are different in subtle ways. The 'A' lip has less central upper lip volume than the 'B' lip and both have full lower lips. When considering lip shapes and getting lip augmentation, realize that your baseline lip shape will effect how they can be reshaped using fillers. You should consider the relative upper and lower volumes you like, as well as whether you like a more central, pouty type lip, or a more broadly fuller lip. You should consider the degree of lip definition you want, especially in the points of cupid's bow. Lastly, you should consider the degree of change you are looking for. Your input will help the physician determine an optimal injection strategy.

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

It appears both A and B demonstrate pre and post lip augmentation.
if you are considering lip augmentation I would recommend conservative lip augmentation with Hyaluronic Acid, like Juvederm plus to see if you like the look. Another option is fat transfer which is more permanent. It is done under local anesthesia and fat is usually taken from the lower abdomen or thighs. Studies show that at least 1/3 of transferred fat last forever. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD