What type of implant and profile would be best for me if I have a wider chest?

5'4, 140lbs, 34B, no kids. I've been doing a little research and I'm interested in getting a low profile with memory gel gummies and teardrop shape. I'm not sure if this is the best option for me because even though I have a wide chest, I want to go up at least 2 cup sizes. Im unsure if that will work with a low profile? My main focus is to make my chest appear more slim.

Implant profile

Before choosing a profile for your implant I would recommend choosing the best volume with your surgeon first. Once you have chosen the appropriate volume then you can discuss what profile fits your chest the best. The diameter of your chest should match the diameter of your implant. You can also try the implants in your bra to see which ones match your desires the best.

Tips to choose breast implant size and profile for patients with wider chests.

Great question. Its imperative that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who can evaluate your goals, your individual anatomy (chest width, Nipple position, breast volume etc), your stature, your body shape and then help you pick the best implant to meet your goals. You discussed low profile memory gel gummies and teardrop shape implants. They have very different looks. its important that you see these types and moderate profile implants so that you can understand what each implant will accomplish. Take your time and be sure you are working with a Plastic Surgeon that will collaborate with you on your implant choice, not dictate what is best for you! Good Luck!

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Correct size implant for a wider chest

The two most important elements to get what you want is to pay attention to your diameter and try on implants in bras in the doctors office. The diameter is essential to enhance your breast naturally. Size appropriate for you is very personal and requires sizing with implants.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

Dimensional Sizing/Measurements

Teardrop shape implants do not allow for as much volume, especially at a low projection. You may need to consider higher projection and/or round implants to achieve the size that you want. Your Plastic Surgeon will measure your breasts and then can make recommendations for you based on these measurements but also based on the look you are after and your overall proportions. My patients find it helpful to try on the implant sizers in the office with a form fitting T-Shirt in order to get an idea of the look they will achieve.

All the best 

Breast Implants

I do not like the low profile implants and I do not recommend them for you. If you want your chest to appear slimmer why are you getting breast implants?? The implants will always increase the size and fullness of your chest and breasts regardless of size

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Implant choice

I doubt a low profile implant will give you enough volume based on your desired results and you are wanting to go quite large . The desired result photos would suggest a round moderate or high profile implant under the muscle. I see no need to use an anatomical implant 

#memorygel #teardropimplant #profiles

In my opinion, the "gummybear" anatomic, or teardrop implants are best suited to patients that want a more subtle and natural implant look. The photos you submitted of your desired look would likely require a bit higher profile.

That said, see what is recommended by a board certified plastic surgeon that has taken all the appropriate measurements to determine the right implant fit. Showing your surgeon the pictures of your desired outcome will help him/her determine your cc size and profile.

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Best implants for you

The look you are aiming for is a high profile type of look and round type of implants.  Going with a low profile and tear drop will not give you that look.  It appears you wish to be at least a DD or bigger especially the second picture.  That would mean at least three cup sizes larger than what you are currently.  Given you are a 34B and then around 525 cc would give you that look.  Hope that helps.  Dr. Chu

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Hi and thank you for your pictures and questions.  Your "wish" look is likely possible given your preop pictures.  However, an in person examination is quite necessary to determine the best type and profile implants for you.  The look you are aiming for does not necessarily correlate with the implants you are describing.  Meet with a plastic surgeon in person who will discuss all the options with you. Good luck!

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

From your photographs and cosmetic goals, I believe you would benefit from a breast augmentation but I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and take measurements so they can recommend the best implant type/sizes for your body. There are 3D simulators that can show you what you would look like with different types of implants and different sizes, this can be helpful when trying to decide what size would achieve your cosmetic goals. At my office, I use high profile Sientra implants to create a round full result that looks natural, giving you the result that you want. Additionally, i use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon