Tummy Tuck or Lipo?

Hi, I would for he post office and wants to get a tummy tuck or lipo of the stomach. How long do you think it will take before I can return back to work?

Returning to work after a Tummy Tuck

It is important to realize that the amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals. Depending on the extent of your abdominoplasty and your general physical condition, you may be able to return to non-strenuous work anywhere from one to three weeks after surgery. In many instances, you can resume most of your normal activities, including some form of mild exercise, after a few weeks. You may continue to experience some mild, periodic discomfort and swelling during this time, but such feelings are normal.

Dhaval M. Patel 

Double board certified 

Plastic surgeon

Hoffman Estates 

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Returning to Work After an Abdominoplasty

Thank you very much for your question. Most tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, patients are feeling well enough to return to work one to two weeks after their procedure. With liposuction alone, patients are generally back to work in four to seven days, depending on the extent of correction. My advice is that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. At this time, he or she will explain your abdominoplasty options, as well as the expected recovery time. 

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Tummy tuck, liposuction or coolsculpting

These are three entirely different modes of tissue or fat reduction. Coolsculpting freezes fat and the fat is slowly resorbed over several months. It has no downtime and you can go to work. The fat reduction is permanent but can take several in-office treatments.  Liposuction is a surgical procedure for permanent fat reduction but would require more time off. Both coolsculpting and liposuction do not repair the muscles or remove skin.  Abdominoplasty does both of these plus removes the fat, however it comes with a bigger scar.  Evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon will help guide you to the best procedure and also projected length of time off of work.
Best to you.

Tummy tuck or lipo?

Without a photo and examination, it is difficult to tell. You may be treated with lipo, mini or full tummy tuck depending on the findings. A mini tummy tuck can be great for women who have a limited amount of loose
skin that’s located below the belly button only. However, depending on your photos and
the skin laxity in your upper abdomen, I think that a mini tummy tuck won’t be
enough to give you the results you hope for if you have loose skin. For the same reason, I don’t
believe you’ll feel happy after liposuction performed on its own, as lipo won’t
be able to help with extra skin and only removes fat. I suggest scheduling a
consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for a physical evaluation
before making a final decision.

Recovery after tummy tuck

If you work at the post office and do heavy lifting, you might need to take a few weeks off - particularly if you’ve gotten muscle repair done. If your work is sedentary, then  2-3 weeks would probably be sufficient. You should ask your surgeon, though, as their recommendations may be different.

Tummy Tuck or Lipo?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions. These operational recovery time will depend on each person and the procedure performed. The liposuction has a period more short of recovery, while the TT has a process of recovery a little more long, this also will depend of the correct post operativeborn by the patient and the doctor.  Hope hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Recovery time after tummy tuck and/or lipo

It's hard to generalize without any more in formation or photos but here goes: I find that most women can resume moderate levels of exertion by 7-10 days after liposuction alone. It can be about 4 weeks before resuming conditioning exercise or moderate duty work after a tummy tuck. Every person is different and therefore these opinions should be interpreted as guide lines, not rigid rules.When you consult a Board Certified plastic surgeon, make certain that your surgeon can demonstrate plenty of experience dealing with your condition and both options for dealing with an undesired appearance of the tummy..

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Recovery following Liposuction or Tummy Tuck

Every patient is different. So, every operation is different. With exeptions, I generally tell my patients to take a week off following liposuction, and at least two following tummy tuck. In some cases, that's realistic, in others, not so much.First things first. What surgery best meets your anatomy and desires. Most of my tummy tuck patients have liposuction done at the same time, but not all. The decision for liposuction or tummy tuck should be based on what you have and what you want, not on how much time you have.What do you do for the Post Office? If you are a letter carrier and have to be able to lift forty pound bags of postage, it is different than if you are a supervisor or staff the counter. Occupational requirements matter to all patients. It would be tragic to disrupt your occupation because you underestimated the requirements for you.Your best results occur when you and your plastic surgeon jointly plan the best operation for you considering your anatomy, your desires, and putting that into the context of the rest of your life. 

Peter D. Geldner, MD

Recovery associated with lips and tummy tuck surgery

Thank you for the question.  Generally speaking, Advise patients to expect taking 3-7 days off of work depending on the degree of liposuction performed.  Tummy tuck surgery generally requires a longer period to recover.  I generally tell patients to prepare for 2 weeks off from work after tummy tuck surgery.  Obviously there are variations based on the individual patient and the surgery.  Seek out the opinion of a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Good luck!

Liposuction Recovery

The recovery from liposuction is usually pretty easy and straightforward.  Patients are sore for a few weeks, but are back to doing most of their normal activities after a few days.  After one week, exercise can be resumed if desired.  The hardest part about the recovery is wearing compression garments on the area for a minimum of six weeks.  I hope this helps.