Tummy Tuck or just lipo? (Photos)

Should I get a full tummy tuck or a mini or just lipo?

Tummy Tuck or just lipo?

Based on your pictures, liposuction may be just fine for you. See link below for examples of what is possible. 

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for waistline and back contouring liposuction. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummy tuck or lipo

A lot will depend on how tight your skin is but liposuction alone will help improve your contour.  Your plastic surgeon can examine you to see if there is any laxity as well in your abdominal wall--if so sometimes a variant of a tummy tuck can help improve this.  Best wishes!

John Y.S. Kim, MD, FACS

Lipo

your skin tone appears to be quite good so you should respond well to liposuction alone. From your photos it doesn't appear that you need a tummy tuck 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction will likely give you a great result.

Whether you need a tummy tuck will depend on the firmness of your abdominal skin and that is difficult to determine with photos alone. However, I would venture to say that you don’t appear to have the degree of laxity or excess skin that would necessitate a tummy tuck. My opinion is that you could be a very good candidate for liposuction, to improve the contours of your stomach, flanks and back, and possibly thighs as well. To decide which procedure and treatment areas are best for you, consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring. Best of luck to you. 

Tummy Tuck or Lipo?

After looking at your photos, I think you would see a nice improvement with liposuction alone, however you really should have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to fully evaluate your abdomen and flanks. Sometimes, the pictures are deceiving especially with your arms up like they are in the pictures. 

W. John Bull, MD

Liposuction might suffice

It looks like you have firm skin in your photo with no laxity, so liposuction alone might be sufficient. 

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Tummy Tuck or Lipo

Based on your pictures, you do not appear to have any problems with loose skin. You would probably have a great result just by using liposuction for some waistline contouring. Find a board certified cosmetic surgeon in your area for an in person consultation. Best of Luck

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a great candidate for liposuction. This procedure will help contour your waistline and give you a flat tummy. I'd recommend using SmartLipo as the laser will help tighten any loose skin. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS