Tummy tuck drains?

I am doing research b/c I want a tummy tuck done in the DR... After the Tummy do you have to wear drains and how long is are you required to wear the body garments? I'm interested in going to the DR possible to Dr. Duran... B/c of the great work and the good cost... Any information is helpful

Abdominoplasty drainS

Thank you for your question. It is possible to perform and abdominoplasty and use a technique called progressive tension  suturing  therefore avoiding drains.   I would recommend seeking a board-certified plastic surgeon and inquiring about the specific technique. Best of luck in your endeavors!  

James Fernau M.D., FACS

Board Certified ENT  
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member ASPS,ASAPS,ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Drains?

Typically if #drains are used, they usually stay in place 3-5 days but may be required to remain longer.  

After a #tummytuck, most patients will be placed in an abdominal #binder, which they will wear the first week. There is usually a fair amount of swelling and the binder should be opened several times a day so that there are no pressure points. After the first 7 to 10 days the patient is placed in an elastic #garment for compression over the next six weeks.