Can a tummy tuck and BBL be performed at the same time? (Photo)

I am definitely in need of a tummy tuck, and would also like to have a bbl. Are these two procedures ever performed in unison?

Can a tummy tuck and BBL be performed at the same time?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your pictures and questions.

According with your pictures you would be an excellent candidate  for a Tummy Tuck, tnyour photo I can see a lower excess of skin than would be eliminated by a TT. Also i would recommend a mini liposuction on your back to give you a shapier figure.

The procedures by which question can be simultaneous, but the recovery process would be more difficult for you, it is for this reason that I would recommend that if you are interested in both procedures, the best would be to make it to 2 rounds, this is a decision that should be taken in conjunction with your board-certified plastic surgeon.

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Thank you for your question and pictures. A tummy tuck and a breast lift can be performed at the same surgery. I would recommended meeting with a Board Certifies Plastic Surgeon with experience in both procedures to discuss your options. 

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Yes but you cannot have the abdomen suctioned at the same time. That means that the total amount of fat is reduced for a transfer and recovery may be more demanding. Otherwise you appear to be a good candidate. Seek a plastic surgeon that performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Combined Procedures

Additional procedures that may enhance the result of tummy tuck are Liposuction, Breast Procedures, or Thigh Lift. Mommy makeovers usually include multiple operations.  Brazilian “butt enhancement” can be done at the same time to provide best body contours. Arm reduction or brachiaplasty is also common.

These can all be performed at the same time to help reduce cost, procedure time and healing time. Good luck.

BBL & TT

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is possible to have the two procedures done at once but you have to find a doctor willing to combine them during one procedure and be willing to follow their aftercare instructions as the recovery will be more intense than staging them. I generally stage these procedures simply because you will have to refrain from sitting on your buttocks for at least 2 weeks after a BBL which means you would need to sleep on your stomach, which may not be optimal when just having a tummy tuck. This reduces complications and provides for a more comfortable post-operative recovery. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction with fat grafting

Based on your photos, I would recommend Vaser ultrasound liposuction of your abdomen, flanks and back with fat grafting.  Your skin and your muscles do not appear loose enough to require a tummy tuck.  I personally do not perform tummy tuck with liposuction and fat grafting- I feel it greatly increases risks and makes post op positioning very difficult for recovery. 

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations.

Tummy tuck and BBL

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  A BBL can be performed at the same time for improved buttock and waist contour.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Based on the photos, I think that you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck and a BBL.  These two procedures are often performed at the same time. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Good luck!

Tummy Tuck and BBL

Yes.  This is a combination that is done frequently with excellent results.

I recommend consulting with several plastic surgeons in your area who combine the technique, and they will talk with you about your options and the recovery process.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and BBL at the same time?

The short answer is yes, but it depends on the situation.  There are many variables involved when combining procedures; cost, scarring, down time, length of surgery, experience of the surgeon, desires of the patient.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who performs these procedures to review your options.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon