Tumescent lipo vs Smartlipo?

I am going to go to a professional certified plastic surgeon with before and after photos and reviews that I like. With that being said, I am 5'3 weighing between 140-145. Which form of liposuction gets rid of more fat? And can tumescent liposuction be performed under local anaesthesia?

Tumescent liposuction

Tumescent describes the fluid that is used to reduced the bruising, reduce the pain and decrease the amount of blood loss.  Smart describes the tool used to perform the liposuction, which is unnecessary.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I find that VASER is the best for body shaping and tightening. I suggest seeing an expert. All forms of liposuction are tumescent. I find that ultrasound gives the most in shaping and tightening.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Glad to hear that you have done your research and found a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon!  With liposuction, the truth is that all of the technologies work:  vaser, ultrasonic liposuction, laser liposuction, etc...  There is an ongoing debate which device may help with skin retraction and fine contouring, but they all are effective removing fat.  Most surgeons have their preferences and devices that they feel comfortable with and feel produce consistent, predictable results.  You ask which gets rid of more fat, but the truth is that is more dependent on the judgment of the surgeon than the technology being applied.  Small areas of liposuction can be performed under local anesthesia, often with either oral or IV sedation.  Full body, transformative liposuction often requires general anesthesia.  Good luck as you consider your options. 

Larry Lickstein, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Tumescent Liposuction under local is the only way to get liposuction for best results.

Liposuction under tumescent local with a little iv sedation is optimal. This way your doc can stand you up occasionally during the procedure to fine tune the results.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon