Tuberous breast correction?

Is it possible to use a tissue expander to release the constricted tissue, and then remove it without getting an implant?

Tissue Expanders for tuberous breasts

Thanks for your question. Tissue expanders are a good way to start a treatment for tuberous breasts but they aren't the whole treatment. The constricted lower pole of tuberous breasts can be stretched with the help of the expanders, but at that point implants should be placed to maintain the new and improved shape of the breasts. I hope this helps. I recommend you meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation and discussion.

Tissue expansion

More commonly an implant is placed to correct the constricted lower pole as well as releasing any constricted tissue surgically.  Expanders are only used for the more severe cases.  The risk is that after removing the implant or expander the constriction will recur.  

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon