Treatment just like CoolSculpting for much smaller areas?

Voolsculpting was great for my abdomen and flanks but I desperately need something for the fatty tissue under my arms and on my upper arms. Is there anything like that?

CoolSculpting for smaller areas

CoolSculpting has given us an applicator, (the CoolMini), that can be used in the bra fat area on the back, the area by the armpit, the knees, and under the chin. Folks are very excited about this. We have used it in our office and have very nice results. Best to talk with your well trained, experienced CoolSculpting provider to see if you are an appropriate candidate.  Tell them what your reasonable goals are.  Together you will come up with a plan.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Coolsculpting is a great option for arms on the right person

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting for arms

Coolsculpting can be done on the arms but you would want to have a consultation first.  Sometimes they may be fat in the area that can be treated while other times it may just be skin laxity which Coolsculpting does nothing for.  I would recommend you schedule a consultation with your nearest Coolsculpting practitioner to get a definite answer.  

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for arms and smaller areas?

Yes, CoolSculpting can be used to contour the arms.  You just need to have a consultation to see if your arms are right for CoolSculpting.  There are other options: liposuction is a good one, typically, and can be done in office under local anesthesia (awake, but numb).  

Smaller areas can soon be treated with CoolSculpting, as the company is planning to launch the CoolMini, a new applicator meant just for small areas.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Coolsculpting for other areas

It's not really possible to determine what your ideal solution would be without seeing you for an evalutation.  The existing Coolsculpting applicators are quite effective for the upper arms and bra fat.  We have had excellent results in these areas and patients are very pleased.  If you've not already done so, make an appointment for an evaluation and consultation about the other areas you want to address.  You may be pleasantly surprised to find out what other areas you may be a good candidate for our what other options may be available to you.  Good luck!

Grant Stevens, MD

Coolsculpting and arms

Coolsculpting is an amazing procedure for the abdomen and love handles.  There are many physician utilizing it for the arms as well.  In addition, I have found that Thermage is highly effective at tightening the skin around the arms, which is usually one of the causes of the arms looking older.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise in coolsculpting and Thermage.

Liposuction maybe a better option

Coolsculpting has yet to offer an applicator for arms. Some providers do perform the treatment with the patient’s understanding that it is an off-label (not FDA approved) area. In order to meet your desired outcome, it may be wise to wait for an applicator that is specifically designed for arms. It is unclear if coolsculpting of the arms may injure underlying important structures such as nerves. Liposuction maybe a better option

Coolsculpting on arms

Coolsculpting can work on the arms. But it's not as effective as it is on the abs and flanks and can only be used under the arms. This is considered an off-label use.  If you have a lot of loose skin, it is not an ideal treatment. ThermiTight is good for tightening skin and treating fat under the arm simultaneously. Liposuction may also benefit. Consult someone who offers multiple therapies so that you are not steered in one direction but understand the many treatment options. 

Bset,

Dr. A

Arianna Sholes-Douglas, MD
Tucson OB/GYN

CoolSculpting for arms

Some physicians will treat arms with CoolSculpting.  This is considered an off-label use, since it is not FDA approved for that particular body location.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon