Will taking 1 or 2 tokes of marijuana affect my Gynecomastia Surgery recovery?

I dont smoke a lot of marijuana, and when I do is only 1 or 2 tokes max. It has ben 10 days after surgery and I am a bit stressed out with school, work and recovery, specially because i cant workout and i have to limit my physical activity. I find marijuana very soothing when it comes to stress but im afraid it will affect my recovery. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

The Causes of Gynecomastia & the Lasting Effects of Treatment

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia.

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia. 
Therefore, weight gain, steroid use,recreational drug use and have hormonal conditions can contribute to a return of gynecomastia regardless of previous surgical removal and treatments.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Congratulations on having undergone the gynecomastia corrective surgery. No physician will tell you that smoking marijuana after this type of surgery is a good idea.  There are other ways to work out the stress.

Be careful with your decision-making. Best wishes.

Smoking and Recovery

I ask my patients to avoid smoking for at least 4 to 6 weeks post op to promote healing.  There have been studies showing that marijuana can contribute to Gynecomastia.  

Smoking and Recovery

Will taking 1 or 2 tokes of marijuana affect my gynecomastia surgery recovery?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your numerous life stressors.  Though best to ask your surgeon as they know the full details of your procedure in my practice I ask that all smokers refrain for at least four weeks before and after surgery to allow for the best chance at healing.  Hope this helps.

Smoking and surgery

Most experts unanimously agree that smoking increases the rate of breast augmentation surgical complications significantly. Just about all plastic surgeons strongly recommend women to stop smoking and all nicotine products well in advance of breast augmentation with breast implants. Many plastic surgeons recommend stopping all tobacco products several months prior to surgery.
Here is the reason why: the nicotine in cigarettes and other tobacco products (including Nicorette gum, patches, etc) is a vasoconstrictor, meaning it makes the Smoking is a significant multiplier of many potential complications following surgery and breast augmentation with implants are no exception. Nicotine from smoking causes blood vessels to vasoconstrict ( tighten up). Over time, these constricted arteries and capillaries deliver less blood to the breast tissue which is needed for normal healing. Smokers therefore have an increased incidence of higher likelihood of complications such as infection, and in particular capsular contracture (hardening and distortion of the implants). General complications of surgery such as blood clots, anesthetic problems such as pneumonia are also increased. 
A scientific article in the Archives of Internal Medicine indicated that, among all forms of surgery, quitting smoking eight weeks prior was never associated with an increased risk of complications.
In young patients you will probably statistically avoid these complications, why tempt fate by increasing your odds that something bad will happen.On a long term basis, smoking also causes accelerated aging of the skin and loss of elasticity. Hopefully these reasons will help give you the will power and courage to stop smoking.

Smoking and surgery