Does the tip seem too high? (Photo)

Hello I had Open rhinoplasty ten days ago at this point the tip looks too high I know that most of the time it is because of the swelling. From the pics is possible to tell that it is not from the swelling and that the tip is indeed too high and stay like that???

Tip swelling

It is too early to tell. The tip is very swollen as you just had surgery,. Best to give it 6 months to a year to settle down. Good luck.

Tip after rhinoplasty

You are in the early period of healing after rhinoplasty. Your tip is not high but swollen and should get better with time as the swelling subsides. Give it lots of time and follow up with your surgeon. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Postop rhinoplasty

Hi. You answered your own question when you said it's swollen and too soon to tell at 10 days out. It's going to take you a minimum of 6 months and more likely an entire year to see your final result with all of the tip swelling out. 

Best

David Shifrin, MD

Tip

The tip rotation will improve over a few months and not be as high.  Once the swelling settles down you should have a nice tip position.  

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. It is much too early in you recovery process for you to begin evaluating your results. We ask patients to wait 3-4 months to consider the initial improvement to their nose. Keep in mind that it takes up to 12 months for you to fully heal from Rhinoplasty. Please consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon to review your recovery instructions and expectations.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip edema after rhinoplasty

It is way too early to make any judgment about the result. There is still significant swelling, especially at the nasal tip, and you have to be patient. Overall, from the pictures you provided, it appears you're healing rather well and should not be overly concerned at this point. I strongly advise that you follow-up with your surgeon and adhere to his or her post-operative instructions. Best wishes!

Thomas J. Walker, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

It is too early in the healing process to make any type of judgement.  Follow up with your surgeon on a routine basis so that he can monitor your progress.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Looks great

You have a beautiful nose and a good surgeon. I think your profile looks really good. Depending on the case, some surgeons say the tip drops a tiny bit in the first year. You can inquire about this if you are concerned however I think you are on your way to a great result :)

Jeffrey Watson, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

10 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with only ten days after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may have so they can give you a physical examination. You are extremely early in your recovery period and your nose will begin healing and changing, this will continue over the course of a year to year and a half. At this point, it is hard to determine whether the appearance is due to swelling or not. Swelling can cause the appearance of unevenness, enlargement or a turned up nasal tip. It takes 6 months for 90% of the swelling to resolve after a rhinoplasty. During this waiting period, several treatment options can reduce the swelling. First, post-operative taping is imperative to decrease swelling and mold the shape of the nose. This can be performed for a minimum of 2 weeks with recommendations commonly for 3 months. Second, a short course of oral steroids (Medrol dose pack) can be beneficial in the early stages to decrease swelling and pain. Third, I commonly use a dilute solution of Kenalog with Marcaine to decrease swelling of the nasal tip. If after 12-18 months, you are still unhappy with your results, I would contact your surgeon or a board certified plastic surgeon for a revision.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon