Thoughts on Allergan Natrelle Style 15 Sizes: 339 or 371--which projected size? And what profile should I use? (photo)

Lots of Qs after initial consult: PS said Allergen 15 moderate 339 or 371. Didn't get any other options. Nor asked for photos of desired look. Is moderate profile gonna be best natural look and not droopy ? I want to keep my perk. I know cup size is difficult but as a 32/34 A (PS said A-) what can I expect size wise w this? 6'0" 140# desire full C/small D Sternal notch to nipple -20cm, Nipple to fold crease- 6cm, Base width -12.5cm, 13.5cm, Upper pole pinch 3.5-Inf pole pinch 2.5 Thanks

Breast Augmentation | Breast Implants

Thank you for your question about breast augmentation.

The difference between a 339 and a 371 cc implant is two table spoons.  The most important information is your base width diameter.

Moderate and Moderate Plus implants tend to look more natural; high profile and ultra high profile give a much rounder look.

Textured anatomically shaped "Gummy Bear" implants look very natural but are slightly firmer.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

Implant Size Selection

In regards to implant size and type, there are many variables in recommending implant size/type. I base my implant recommendation on patients' body (chest height, chest width, existing breast tissue) as well as their desired look. Review before and after photos and see what kind of look that you want. Please share your desired look with your plastic surgeon and see if she can meet your expectation.
Implants come in different types (silicone, saline), shape (round, anatomic), and profiles and volume.
More meaningful recommendation can be made based on direct examination and in-person consultation.
Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Thoughts on Allergan Natrelle Style 15 Sizes: 339 or 371--which projected size? And what profile should I use?

Based on the information provided, 339 is not likely to give you a full C but 371 may. You may need more than 450 to give a D cup. 

There are many more options available so consider a 3D breast imaging session to see what is possible. 

See link below for more information. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Breast Implant types

I think a moderate profile implant would be ideal for you.  As for size, just make sure your plastic surgeon understands your goals and desires.  As for manufacturer, let him/her decide that as well.

Kenneth D. Christman, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon

What is the best #breastimplant?

From your photo, it appears that you should be an excellent candidate for a breast augmentation using silicone implants. The choice of volume is always with the most complicated decision that a patient and the surgeon have to make together prior to proceeding with surgery. The implant volume is different on every patient, and there is no way to predict which implant will be best for you. The best way to approach this is to have a detailed conversation with your surgeon to help him or her understand the direction you'd like to go. From that point you then must trust your surgeon to make decisions on your behalf to best achieve your ultimate cosmetic goals. Photos can often be very helpful in clarifying specifics regarding fullness, cleavage and the shape of the upper aspect of the breast.Best of luck.Vincent Marin, MD
San Diego, CA
MarinAesthetics.com 

Vincent P. Marin, MD

How to choose implant size?

Unfortunately, I will be even more at a disadvantage than your in-person surgical consultant who did not evaluate any of your goal photographs.

Your included photo and statistics show you will be a great candidate for breast augmentation, and I would agree with those who recommend submuscular placement of cohesive silicone gel implants with dual-plane (subfascial inferolaterally) technique. You should also have Betadine irrigation, Keller Funnel insertion, and profile to match your desired implant volume and your own dimensions. I would likely measure your base width differently, but so long as the choice of implant diameter is based on your chosen surgeon's "usual" measurement method and decision-making, then the profile will likely be moderate plus or even high profile, as I suspect that wanting a full C or small D will NOT be met by either 339 or 371cc implants.

I would suggest that it takes 200-250cc to equal one bra cup size, especially for a 6'0" tall woman, so these implants (both) will give you no more than 1 1/2 cup sizes than your present A cup. The difference between these two choices is 2 tablespoons, which cannot be seen as visible discrepancy between these two sizes. I think you need closer to 500cc, but that would require both my own personal measurements and seeing your goal photographs.

For more information you may wish to click on the web reference ink below for my Comprehensive Guide to Breast Augmentation. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Thoughts on Allergan Natrelle Style 15.

The Allergan style 15 is a moderate to moderate plus implant which works out very well for most individuals. Implant size takes a careful review of your expectations, chest and breast size, height and weight, available tissue to cover, etc. If you are uncomfortable with the presentation a secnd consult might be the best approach.

Breast Implant Size Part2

The Natrelle style 15 corresponds to the Mentor moderate plus range of implants, and looks like it would provide a good natural look for you.  However, with your height, you may be able to handle a little more volume and still be proportional. In some situations, the HP range of implants provide a little more fullness, but come with a little more volume as well. If you have been to only one consultation, it is not a bad idea to go for another and see what another board-certified plastic surgeon has to say. 

Implant selection

In terms of the right implant size for you, generally speaking, I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Thoughts and questions

Thank you for your question and for the photo.  

I think you are a very good candidate for a breast augmentation.

The ideal size breast implant for any patient is determined by a number of factors. Each patient has the desire to look a certain way after surgery. Each patient's body is different and the size implant must be individualized for each patient. You may not be able to reach the bra or cup size that you want to be because the implant necessary to reach that result may simply be too big for your body.

For this reason it is necessary to meet and discuss your goals with a board certified plastic surgeon who will listen to your goals and examine you and tell you what size range of implants will be appropriate and this is the range you should use. This will certainly make you larger but you may not be the exact cup size you had in mind simply because your individual anatomy may not allow it.

Choosing an implant that is too large can cause a number of problems the majority of which require more surgery to repair. Making a decision that sets you up for more surgery is not ideal. Consult with several plastic surgeons if possible. I would not listen to your friends or family because they do not know what is best for you. The details of the surgery including selection of breast implant size should be left to the plastic surgeon.

Do not be afraid to have several consultations and make sure you are comfortable with your surgeon and with the plan.

Thank you for your question and best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon