Is it swelling or could it be stuck like this? It's been 3 and half months after my rhinoplasty.

Overall my nose looks good. However, one side is healing nicely but the other side seems to still look a little swollen and has less definition. 3 days ago my doctor injected steroid on that side to make the swelling go down but I don't see much difference than before and when I feel it, it feels like the bone sticks out a little further on that side. So I'm a little unsure if it even will go down or if it's stuck like that. Help?

Rhinoplasty 3.5 Month Recovery

Thank you for your question about recovery from rhinoplasty.

Pictures would be helpful. At 3 months, you are still healing.

For specific questions about your recovery, it is generally best to speak with your doctor or doctor’s representative – such as his or her nurse, or the physician on call for the practice.

You will likely get many different opinions from members of the RealSelf Community, but they have not physically seen or examined you, and nobody knows you or the circumstances better than your doctor.

If you feel you are not being listened to or you are doubting your doctor’s recommendations, then it is certainly within your rights to seek a second and get the advice from another board certified physician. This should be done through an in person consultation.

Obviously, if you think that you are having a medical emergency or other serious problem, you should call 911 and/or go to your nearest emergency room.

Best Wishes.

Nasal swelling

Usually you won't appreciate the full effect of a steroid injection for several weeks to a month so try to remain patient right now. Keep in mind that your nose is still healing and as the months go by you may begin to notice the two sides even out. good luck!

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon