How did my surgeon do? I'm pretty unhappy with the results. I had a revision rhinoplasty on August 30 (Photos)

As the swelling has gone down, it appears to me that the appearance of my nose is still unsymmetrical, despit the osteotomies he performed. I explained to him that I wanted to get rid of my depressed nasal bones and general assymmetry but very little appears different. The bones seem to be in almost the exact same place. Before and after below

Revision rhinoplasty

You are very early in the healing process and I would give it a few more months for the swelling to go down before you make any judgements. I would recommend continued close follow up with your surgeon as they can explain better the expected outcome. 

Best of luck

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty concerns

Dear therapnos1515, The pictures attached above when clicked on show a good representation of your results at this time I believe Dr. Shifrin in his answer was only looking at the screen which just shows the tip of the nose. With that said, you are in the early phases of recovery and you appear to have quite a bit of swelling. I would speak with your surgeon as he/she knows where you are in the recovery phase and what your proposed results were. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty Results

The photos posted need to be updated for an Opinnion. We can only see the very top of your nasal root. 

Revision rhinoplasty takes a very long time to settle. The standard one year of tip swelling is now pushed out further due to the scar tissue that's present from the original procedure. Hang in there and work with your surgeon. You had confidence in him or her before surgery so trust in your decision and give them and your body the appropriate amount of time. 

David Shifrin, MD

Recovering from rhinoplasty and evaluating your result

Recovering from rhinoplasty is a healing process. Part of that process is waiting for swelling to go down to see your result. 

In the first 6-8 weeks the majority of swelling will go down. Over the next 6-9 months you'll experience a downward trending rollercoaster of swelling going up and down depending on your exposure to heat, sun, or salt. At one year, you're close to your final result; however, the nose is known to continue healing and refining by very small amounts for years after that. 

The swelling commonly goes down in an uneven way. First one side and then the other goes down, which may give the appearance of a crooked nose until the other side catches up. The tip is the last area to settle down. At 1 month, you're still in the earliest stages of healing. It's important to follow your surgeon's instructions and keep your follow-up appointments so your surgeon can track your progress toward a safe and happy outcome. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon