Looking to get rid of stubborn fat in my midsection and define my waist (Photo)

I workout but can't seem to get rid of my pouch. Need suggestions on what procedure would work for me.. I also have always hated my belly button, it is sunken in which also gives he perception that my stomach is fatter than it actually is. I have posted actual pictures and one of the look I am trying to achieve. I am 5'7" 152 lbs.

Looking to get rid of stubborn fat in my midsection and define my waist

You are an fantastic shape.  If you decide that you must remove the small amount of fat under the skin of your abdomen I would recommend laser liposuction.   The laser liquefies the fat so that it can be removed with very small cannulae and is less likely to cause depressions and irregularities in the skin.  He look so good now it would be a shame to cause any irregularities of your abdominal skin.  To learn more about laser liposuction please read the leg below which has photos of a fit patient like you who has had laser liposuction:

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Liposuction to define waist and mid-section

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Liposuction should give you an excellent result.
  • With less fat around the belly button, it won't be so sunken and may need nothing done.
  • An umbilicoplasty (reshaping of the belly button) could be done if you wish.
  • You may need liposuction around to the back - it isn't clear from the photos.
  • Please see an experienced plastic surgeon to discuss having this done.
  • You should love your result.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

• You should love your result.

Lipo of Midsection, Umbilicoplasty, Curvier Waistline

With a BMI of 23.8, you definitely fall into the thin patient category.  About 30% of my patients are thin. Liposuction provides a way to remove fat cells in areas that are resistant to diet and exercise.  As a bodybuilder, I know how to get results on patients with less bodyfat.  I think that a liposuction result always comes down to the surgeon.  The surgeon is the key, not the machine or technique.   A thinner patient is much more difficult to liposuction.  The surgeon must liposuction to produce a noticeable difference without creating contour irregularities.  

Umbilicoplasty may be reasonable to change the appearance of your belly button, but an exam will be useful in assessing your anatomy.

I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.

Kenneth Hughes, MD, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

VASER HI DEF 4D LIPO / 360 Degree Liposculpture / Body Contouring / HD Sculpting With Fat Transfer To Buttock / BBL

you are going to need a VASER hi def body contouring procedure with fat grafting. I suggest seeing an expert for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Get a tight waistline

Thank you for submitting your question. Your body type is ideal for liposuction contouring! People with good skin tone, normal weight range, and focal fat accumulation typically see the very best results. Surgery should take a couple of hours and most people have a very reasonable recovery. Looking forward to seeing your post-op photos!!

Get a tight waistline

Liposuction candidate

Hi and thank you for your questions and pictures.  You appear to be an ideal candidate for liposuction and sculpting of your abdomen.  Liposuction is ideal for patients with good quality of skin with localized areas of excess fat.  Meet with a plastic surgeon in person to discuss your options.  Good luck!

Liposuction candidate

Liposuction for body contouring

you are a good candidate for liposuction and body sculpting. 

It's best to have a thorough in person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss all of your treatment options. Best of luck!

Dr. Dhaval M.Patel

Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Chicago-Water Tower Place, Oakbrook, Hoffman Estates, Orland Park

Liposuction for body contouring

Dr. Dhaval M.Patel

Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

How to get that super flat, tight belly model look?? Ask Dr Ellen

Well, I share your pain!  It's so annoying to see all these amazing pics and then look at ourselves and wonder how they do it.  One thing I can tell you is that a good bit of what you see in the photos above is posture related-- note the arched backs, turned out hips and super sucked in abs.  Stand in front of your mirror and mimic those moves, don't breathe (!) and you'll see you're not so far from your goals.  I'm not kidding.  Tightening/toning the abdominal muscles so tightly permits redraping the superficial tissue/skin in a much more favorable way for photos or beach prep!  Keep in mind, when they relax that posture and slouch or sit, their belly buttons look just like yours.  Also, when you can see the rib cage on a model, her body fat % is very very low.  You can only get to that with diet and exercise.  But you're close.

But back to reality. The difference between you and the models is proportion.  Those gals have much broader hips which makes their waists look smaller and they are a little longer waisted.  Probably their skin is a little tighter.  So the goal for you might be how to maximize your proportions to better define your waist and hips.  A back view would have been helpful.

If you have enough fat to lipo, and it looks like you might.  And, if your skin quality is good, you can consider 360 lipo of your hips/flanks and lower abdomen.  Ideally your skin will snug up to your new body and you will have maximized what surgery can do for you.  The other key is to work out your abs with a variety of different crunches which impact your lower, mid and upper abs to give you better definition and that super svelte look.

Your belly button is a victim of a little lax skin, not fat.  Lax skin comes with aging- mine was vertical and it's now horizontal, or with some laxity related to weight loss or kids.  Either way, don't let that distract you.  Work on the things you can fix, and you can, your belly button will look just fine.

I've attached a link to a a picture of me to show you how posture and positioning can change your whole look.  Note, I may have been smiling but sure wasn't breathing...

In good health

Ellen Mahony, MD

In good health

Ellen Mahony, MD

Liposuction candidate

Thank you for your question.  The ideal candidate for liposuction are thinner patients with isolated areas of fat.Y ou appear to be a good candidate for liposuction contouring of your abdomen and waist to optimize your overall shape.  Liposuction of these areas will give you a more lean appearance and really shape the hour glass figure. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  A key quality indicator is Board Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Liposuction candidate