How can I get rid of this fat on my back above and obviously below bra lines? It evens comes around the armpit area (Photo)

What would something like this cost price range?

Fat Deposits Above and Below Bra Line

Thank you for your question and your picture. Liposuction can be a good way to thin out fat deposits in certain areas that are hard to contour. But be careful, because removing fat from underneath the skin does not get rid of the skin, it just thins out the adipose below it and we count on the skin to retract some with healing. If liposuction removes fat but leaves you with deflated, baggy skin, you will not be happy with the results. 

You need to have an in-person consultation with a local plastic surgeon and they can examine you and provide you with an assessment about what options would be right for you. This might be liposuction or it might be a more direct procedure like body contouring that removes tissue.

As for pricing for liposuction, that varies by technique, surgeon, area of the country, etc. Best to go for a few consultations to get a good idea of the prices in the Chicago area. 

Good luck!

How can I get rid of this fat on my back above and obviously below bra lines?

Based on the pictures, liposuction may help. Personally, I would use a combination of laser assisted liposuction (SmartLipo) and regular liposuction to improve this. 

See case #11 in the link below for an example.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Feminine Curves

Liposuction is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results in a variety of areas and a in a variety of patients. That said, the ideal liposuction candidate has localized fat deposits and quality overlying skin without significant excess skin or skin damage. Fat can then be removed to a]strategically sculpt the body and accentuate feminine curves. The skin then retracts over the new shape to give the final result.  We see some powerful changes after liposuction to the back and love handle regions as the skin is thick and retracts very well.  

That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.   A key quality indicator is Board Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Don’t settle for less.

Liposuction of the upper back and axilla

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Liposuction of the upper back and release of the skin crease should give you a nice result.
  • If you do not lose weight afterwards, the fat will return but to different areas.
  • Extensive liposuction under the arms may leave skin loose - 
  • Ask your plastic surgeon whether skin needs to be removed in that area as well.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Treatments for back fat and excess skin

Liposuction may help but will be limited and may not give you a high degree of satisfaction. 

Skin creases on our body are formed by skin attachments to our muscle layers. 

One of those skin attachments is on the back, forming the back bra roll crease. 

The true diagnosis on the back is mostly loose skin and, secondarily, an excessive distribution of subcutaneous fat. 

Since liposuction only removes fat, the results will be limited. 

Liposuction in this area can and will make the back bra roll thinner, but the crease generally stays. At best, it can give a nice improvement, and at worst, it can make the area simply look deflated. 

A word of caution when reviewing before-and-after pictures: if you raise your arms up in the air, you will notice that the back bra roll can almost disappear. 

If before pictures are taken with the arms in the downward position and the after pictures are taken with the arms in an upward position, the results are drastically altered. 

In order to display impressive results, some surgeons may be tempted to have their patients raise their arms for the after pictures. 

I don't want to come across as a pessimist, but I find patient satisfaction to be much greater when realistic expectations are set from the beginning.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Back and bra fat

Hello and thank you for your questions and pictures.  Liposuction is your best option to treat the areas you describe.  It can improve the both the upper and lower bra line back fat as well as the areas around the breast in the front.  Best to meet with a plastic surgeon in person to further discuss details.  Good Luck!

Bra rolls

Thank you for your question. These areas can be addressed with laser liposuction. Please consult a board certified PS for evaluation.

Liposuction

Hi there Camila, thanks for your photo and question. It seems like liposuction would be the best procedure for you. Your best bet would be to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, and they will do a thorough evaluation and decide if you are a good candidate for liposuction. If you check out the ASPS (American Society for Plastic Surgeons) website, they often list the average prices that board certified plastic surgeons charge based on geographic region. Best of luck. -Dr. Coan

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

You look like a good candidate for liposuction of your back.  I would recommend seeking out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for an in person consultation.  

Kevin Rose, MD
Provo Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction very successful in the bra roll area.

The area in the photograph can probably be treated quite successfully with liposuction. Expect to pay between 1000 and $1500.