Rhinoplasty? I've always been insecure about my nose, I do not like the 'hump'. (photos)

I'm not sure what would need to be done to achieve the look I want. I do not like the tip of my nose not sure if it is too large or if the nostrils are too large. I do not like my side profile because of the hump, but also my top lip is not in line with my bottom lip/chin what would help this?

Rhinoplasty candidate

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, reducing the hanging columella, narrowing the bridge, and refining the nasal tip cartilages, with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. Rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience.

Rhinoplasty? I've always been insecure about my nose.

Everyone is unique and the best way to explore rhinoplasty is an office consultation. Computer simulation might be helpful to understand what changes will work with your features. The potential is endless.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thanks for your question. In my opinion removing your small hump is a relatively simple proposition that would have very little downtime. It would be possible to also perform some modest tip work at the same time. I would encourage you to seek out an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for more details. Hope this helps. 

Julian W. Dixon, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty? I've always been insecure about my nose, I do not like the 'hump'.

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California  

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty can help

Many of your concerns can be addressed with techniques used in rhinoplasty surgery. This will help the appearance of the bridge and tip of your nose. I recommend you start by consulting with a rhinoplasty surgeon in your area for a more complete exam of your nose, discussion of treatment options, and computer imaging to simulate the effects of surgery. Good luck!

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

HiA standard rhinoplasty with hump reduction, tip adjustment and possibly a small chin reduction would enhance your natural beauty and balance your face. Meet with a few surgeons to discuss your wishes!
Best

David Shifrin, MD