Will rhinoplasty make my nose worse? (Photos)

My nose looks very bulbous and monkeyish. Iam very insecure bout it. Im an indian male but idk if i should go to an african american rhinoplasty service or a regular. I really want a more shaped nose that will suit my face. I dont want it to get too narrow, but slightly slimmer. Is there hope for me. Im worried surgery will make my bulbous nose even worse. what can be done

Rhinoplasty candidate

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing the bulbous tip and narrowing the bridge lineto give  a well-balanced nose.  It is very important to pick a surgeon with extensive experience in rhinoplasty for best results.  Digital computer imaging would also be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with your nose. For more information and many rhinoplasty before and after results of the bulbous tip, please see  the link and the video below

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty goals

Based on your concerns I believe rhinoplasty surgery can help to achieve the results you are seeking for your nose. I suggest you schedule a consultation where an in person exam can be performed and computer imaging can give you an idea what to expect from surgery. Best of luck!

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Goal

The changes you describe can be achieved with rhinoplasty. If you want the best idea of what is possible for your nose, do your due diligence, find an experienced surgeon, and have him/her evaluate you in person and discuss your options. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty Consultation

Thanks for your post. You should consult with an experienced, reputable Facial Plastic Surgeon who regularly performs rhinoplasty cases with consistent results. You would likely benefit from an open approach rhinoplasty with alar base reduction. Your case will likely involve the use of cartilage grafts for structural support, along with suture modification and additional techniques to improve the overall appearance. You should search for an individual who has demonstrated success with patients presenting with similar concerns and has good photos an reviews to share with you. Natural and ethnically appropriate results are achievable in expert hands and should boost your self esteem. Best Regards. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon