Revision surgery cause of capsular contraction price?

I had a breast lift with implant almost 3 months ago my breast were looking great after surgery but within 4-5 weeks I noticed the shape changing I went to my follow up appt and my PS told me it was capsular contractor he prescribed accolate twice a day...in worried what will happen if the medication doesn't work will I need revison surgery? And how much does that cost? I already spend so much on first surgery and I'm very upset this happened

Surgery Cost Estimates

Costs will depend on several factors: the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees.  Different implants may have different costs. Approximate costs can be found on the Real Self website, Surgery.org, or PlasticSurgery.org.

Capsular contracture

If you have a capsular contracture, it is unlikely that the accolate will help long term. Best of luck.

Capsular Contracture

I'm sorry that you have developed a capsular contracture.  I am hopeful that the medication will reverse it, and you won't need a revision surgery.  Regarding cost if you do need a revision, it's not really possible to estimate at this point, as it's dependent on the facility, time under anesthesia, professional fees, cost for materials (mesh or other materials), and some geography.  I would work with your surgeon on the price.  Often for revision surgery there is a significant discount if you go to the original surgeon compared to somebody else but not always.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon