Do I need a revision? (Photo)

I got a BBL 3 months ago I noticed my left side of my head is uneven also my behind is very Lumpy and my behind looks like a square not round I am very disappointed with my results is there anything I can do to make my butt rounder or do I need to go back for a revision

Do I need a revision?

Probably, but not until things have settled completely--6-12 months minimum. In the meantime, you might benefit from ultrasonic therapy and massage. Ask your surgeon first, unless you plan on having your revision elsewhere. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

BBL

I would give it 6 months minimum before considering any type of revision. Best of luck..............

BBL revision

Thank you for your question and photographs.At 3 months post op you are still healing and your body will continue to change slightly until around 6 months when most of the swelling has resolvedĀ and the surviving fat has stabilized. I would recommend waiting at least 6 months to re-assess your results and consider a revision at that time. This will allow your to see your final post operative result and undergo liposuction and fat grafting again safely.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy 3 months after BBL

Thanks for the question.  BBL can often result in some palpable deformities in the early postoperative period.  The key issue is to distinguish areas of fat necrosis (fat that didn's survive the transfer) versus areas of firmness and scar that will resolve over time.  Areas of fat necrosis are a difficult problem to treat but scar texture will improve over time.  I would recommend some massage to the area in question.  As far as the shape, it is difficult to give a full assessment based on the photos provided.  I would recommend a full back view and a side view for a full assessment.