Revision? What can be done to fix my nostrils? (Photo)

I had rhinoplasty 20 months ago and I am very concern w my outcome... My left nostril is retracted, I have breathing problems, which I never had before, and finally my right side looks more bolbous than my left... What can I do? Is this fixable?

Revision rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question, and I'm sorry you're having a difficult time.
You can certainly improve on your current condition, and a number of techniques are available to achieve what needs to be done.
Discuss this with your original surgeon, or get an opinion from an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon. You have some of the world's best rhinoplasty surgeons in Chicago.

Good Luck!

Cleveland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Retractesd nostril

The retraction can be fixed with a sliver of cartilage inserted at the retraction... This n
must be very thin and perfectly placed in a pocket

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Fixing Nostrils 20 Months after Rhinoplasty

A profile view would be helpful but it appears that you have tip asymmetry, retraction of the left nostril rim, a slightly hanging columella (the strip between your nostrils), and  a wide nasal base which can all be corrected with a revision of the tip area. This is a relatively limited procedure if done by an expert revision rhinoplasty specialist.

Revision rhinoplasty to fix the nostrils, bulbous tip and breathing problems

A revision rhinoplasty may be required to be able to straighten the nose and address the significant asymmetries are present in the bridge, midportion of the nose, tip, and nostrils. All these issues can be  improved, but there is no perfect nose. Fixing a retracted nostril can be accomplished with a alar rim graft or composite skin graft placed on the inside of the nose.  Functional breathing surgery can also be performed at the same time if there are issues such as a deviated septum, turbinate hypertrophy, or valve collapse. Revision rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience.

Revision rhinoplasty

Hi lsfer4,

Thanks for your question. I agree that you have some nasal aesthetic issues that are obvious. In light of this in combination with the functional issues, I think that you should discuss your concerns with your surgeon. This is fixable, but will require a revision procedure.

Good luck!

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Surgery

You have some tip asymmetry. The correction of nasal Alar rim deformities is extremely difficult. The bulboous tip is straight forward in experienced hands.