Restylane for under eye circles - will fine lines under eyes also improve?

I am planning on having Restylane injected under my eyes to improve the appearance of my (quite extreme) dark circles. Lately, I have been noticing fine lines *under* my eyes (I do not have crow's feet). Will the appearance of these lines improve with Restylane injections?

Restylane for Fine Lines and Tear Trough

Restylane is very effective for the tear trough under the eyes and also helps some of the fine lines dissipate as well.  However, I prefer eMatrix for the fine lines under the eyes. eMatrix has a special tip for the delicate under eye area.  Best, Dr. Green

Restylane will help with tear trough hollowing and around the outer rim of the lower eyelid/cheek junction.

Hi gemma1984,

Restylane is used to fill the lower eyelid area for under eye circles which is typically hollowing.  Fine lines directly under the lower eyelashes will unlikely improve, but without photos we don't know what you are referring to, so we all may be wrong.

Sometimes if the under eye circles are overfilled, the fine lines under the lower eyelashes have the possibility of getting worse also, but usually it is simply no change in the fine lines.  

I hope this response helps.

Dr. Yang

P.S. If you find my answers or other doctors answers to questions are helpful, please +1 those answers to push up the better answers to the top, which helps others who read the same post, get to the more helpful answers first.

P.P.S. There is a new feature on Realself, which is the "Follow" button. It is similar to the "Like" button on Facebook. If you like my response or any of the doctor responses while you research on Realself, you should "Follow" them. You will get email updates, when the doctors you follow post any new answers to questions, post new photos, or have any new reviews.

George Yang, MD

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

I find that fine lines are best treated with lasers, needling/prp, and skin care.  hollows and dark circles are better improved with fillers in this area.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Restylane for under eye circles - will fine lines under eyes also improve

Restylane to the orbital rim for improvement of the dark circles will not correct the small fine lines of the lower lid skin itself

Julio Garcia, MD

Thank you for your question. Restylane will help improve your dark circles, but if you have fine lines and loose skin you may want to consider having skin tightening procedures with either ultrasound or radiofrequency technologies to tighten and smooth the targeted area. Pelleve wrinkle reduction and Ultherapy skin tightening are the most common requested procedures in my office that offer a non-invasive way to rejuvenize the skin. Both Pelleve and Ultherapy stimulate collagen growth in the skin that delivers natural, gradual results that improve over time.

The key to eliminating dark circles and rejuvenizing the face is to also provide a “lift” to the cheeks. This supports the structure under the eyes to replace lost facial fat that results in hollowness and sunken cheeks. By injecting Restylane Lyft or Voluma I can give patients an immediate lift to help eliminate dark circles, while smoothing the texture of the skin under the eyes by replacing the loss of fat (that results in crepey skin and fine lines) that is missing from the cheeks lower eyelid area. Restylane lasts up to 9 months and Voluma lasts up to 2 years. Fillers are non-invasive and they provide an excellent solution for anti-aging treatments.

Ariel Ostad, MD

Dark circles will not be helped with Restylane injection. But wrinkles will be helped.

If you are considering Restylane just for dark circles, this will not help you. The only thing that fillers can help with for lower eyelids are for hollowness that gives the impression of dark circles. it can also, improved the wrinkling of the lower eyelid skin. If you have true dark skin of yuor lower eyelids, there are very few things that can help. I would suggest to start with some Kojeleic eye creams. Then consider microneedling and PRP. I have treated few patients with severe dark cirlces and they have responded well to this treatment.