Would I require breast implants or a breast lift? (Photo)

Would I need a breast lift to correct my breasts or would an implant suffice? I'm concerned about the vertical scars associated with a breast lift. I developed keloid scars after both of my c sections. I am happy with the size of my breasts (32D), but I do miss some of the upper fullness that disappeared after breastfeeding.

Breast lift vs implants or both

A breast lift is likely necessary but only an exam will give you a final answer. Having an implant alone will make your breasts heavier and sag even more with less upper fullness. Depending on your current breast size, you may just benefit from a breast lift alone. The scarring involved can be discussed after evaluation of your c-section scar. I would recommend a consultation with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon to determine the best plan for your goals.

I would need to review the lateral views of your breast to answer the question.You do need an implant to restore the volume to the upper poles of your breasts.Weather some type of mastopexy is required based on the photo I cannot say.

Breast Lift with Implants

Thank you for your question and for sharing an appropriate picture. You seem to be a good candidate for a breast lift with implants. Unfortunately, implants alone will not provide much of a lift, and you might be unhappy with the shape of your breasts with only implants. A lift combined with augmentation will help you achieve your desired aesthetic. I recommend undergoing Vectra 3D Imaging to get an idea of your post procedural results. Make sure you address your scarring concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in these areas. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Lift with Implants

You need a lift (mastopexy) + implants.  Breast Augmentation is an excellent way to both add volume to smaller breasts and when combined with a lift, it can restore a youthful appearance for breasts, like yours, that have started to droop or sag. No one wants a mastopexy (lift) but unfortunately some women need them. I would strongly discourage just implants. Implants will cause your breast to sag further and your result will be less than desirable. Best Of Luck.

Would I require breast implants or a breast lift?

Breast implants alone may make your breasts more droopy. A lift may be better. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Do I need a lift?

Thanks for your question. Based on your photo, I recommend a breast lift. When this is done with implants, it will improve the shape and size of your breasts. You mentioned keloids. Most patients THINK they have keloids when they in fact have hypertrophic scars. Etiology and treatment for keloids and hypertrophic scars are very different. I suggest you begin your journey with a consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. He or she can discuss your surgical options as well as comment on your scars.  All the best.

Implants or lift too

Thank you for your question. Based on your picture and description breast lift will give satisfactory result. You may add implant depending on your goals. Implant alone will not give good results. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation

Breast Lift vs Implants

Hi and thank you for your questions and picture.  Implants alone will not correct and lift your breasts.  Unfortunately, implants alone will likely give you fuller but saggier breasts.  You appear to have enough breast volume where a breast lift alone should give you a nice shape and size.  Best to meet with a plastic surgeon in person who can examine you and also your abdominal scars to determine the best course for you.  Good luck!

Implants alone do not adequately lift the breast when there is significant sagging, no matter the size or type of implant, and will not produce a good cosmetic result in a patient who also needs some variation of a lift.  Implants will make the breasts larger but will not bring them up to a higher more youthful position.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person and be very realistic about your potential cosmetic result.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift alone

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift.  I would suggest that you will not get the position shape and symmetry that you would like with an implant