Can I replace my implants before a having a baby?

My breast implants are saline filled and are 10years old I've never been pleased with the surgery but have waited to replace them...I am wanting a child in the near question is should I wait to replace the implants and is silicone a better choice or can do it now? And if I did it now could I get a tummy tuck and breast lift after s baby at the same time?

Breast augmentation/revision before or after pregnancy

If you are considering having children in the immediate future, I would recommend deferring this treatment until completion of child birth and nursing and lactation. Your breasts will certainly get larger with pregnancy and may sag causing you to have to redo the surgery in a relatively short amount of time. Following pregnancy you could likely have a combined mommy makeover, if necessary, addressing both your abdominal appearance and breast revision surgery. However, if you are truly displeased and do not like looking at yourself day after day in the mirror, proceeding with surgery at an earlier date would likely improve your self image and confidence. Best of luck to you and your future pregnancy!

Replace Implants?

In you case, there is nothing to preclude you from exchanging your implant prior to pregnancy.  You never know what might happen, and it may be a few years before you become pregnant.  Why wait that long if you are dissatisfied with the implants currently?  That surgery is usually very easy to undergo and an easy recovery process.  After pregnancy, a lift and abdominoplasty are routinely performed in concert ( mommy makeover).  I hope this helps.

There is no right answer as it depends on how things look now. If you are not happy with them, then it is OK to consider replacement. Saline implants do NOT need to be replaced at 10 years. An in person evaluation is best. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Although I cannot provide you with specific advice without more information, I  generally suggest that patients wait on undergoing elective breast surgery if they are planning on pregnancies in the "near future". This recommendation is based on the goal to minimize the number of breast operations patients undergo in their lifetime.  Ultimately, timing to proceed with surgery, in relation to life circumstances such as pregnancies, will be a personal decision that only you can make after careful consideration of pros/cons associated with each option.

Generally speaking, these types of combination surgical procedures  you are considering are done routinely. However, you are wise in being concerned about the safety of combination surgery; risks/possible complications do increase with increased length of surgery… 

It is best to evaluate each patient's suitability for combination surgery on an individualized basis. During this consultation process, after a complete history and physical, the SAFETY of combining these surgical procedures becomes of paramount importance. Plastic surgeon, anesthesia provider, duration of surgery, surgery facility all important considerations. 

Your best bet: choose your plastic surgeon very carefully; everything else including good judgment/advice/planning, anesthesia provider and safe surgery facility will follow.  Best wishes.