Repair my left earlobe, it is split. Any suggestions? (photos)
Doctor Answers 22
Ear lobe reconstruction cost
Ear lobe reconstruction cost
1. Location - Most procedures will be performed in a doctor’s office where costs can be contained. If not will it be performed in a hospital or an independent out- patient facility? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.
2. Type of Anesthesia – local anesthesia is typical and less costly. If IV sedation or General Anesthesia is used: Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?
3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc.
Split earlobe repair
What type of anesthesia is used?
Generally these procedures are performed under local anesthetic and require 15 to 30 minutes depending upon how complex the particular case is. These are in-office , out-patient procedures.
How long does it take to heal?
Early healing for #earlobeReduction occurs in the first week. I use dissolving sutures. I don’t use any bandages.
How much does this cost?
Earlobe reduction usually cost between $500 and $1500 dollars depending upon the complexity of the correction, the surgeons experience, and city in which the surgery is being performed.
You might also like...
Ear lobe surgery
Ear Lobe Repair
Having a torn/stretched earlobe is pretty common occurrence.This is a minor procedure that can be performed in a plastic surgeon's office under local anesthesia.The procedure is about 1 hour in length from start to finish.
My recommendation is to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your cosmetic goals and how to proceed.
Repair my left earlobe, it is split. Any suggestions?
“Split” earlobes can be easily reconstructed under local anesthesia with minimal risk and recovery time. It is important to re-approximate the curved earlobe precisely to avoid step off or other visible deformity. You will find lots of examples of this procedure performed on this website, and on the attached link as well. I would suggest a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.
Repair a split ear lobe
- Minor surgery is needed to correct the tear.
- Please see a plastic surgeon.
- If you wear heavy earrings, the lobe may tear again.
- I pierce all my patients ears at the time of the repair at the exact place it should go -
- And have them wear the light stud for 6 weeks without changing it.
- After that , they can wear the earrings they want, knowing that wire loops and heavy drop earrings or just heavy earrings will stretch and tear the lobe.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.
Torn ear lobe
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.