Removing Permalip Surgisil implants and replacing with filler.

I had permalip implants 8 months ago and would like to get them removed. My smile looks unnatural. I went to a consult and I was told I can have filler put in the day they are removed so I do not lose volume in my lips. On certain reviews here I see suggestions of waiting 2-3 months for filler. What is best?

Always wait a couple of months after removing lip implants to get filler.

There is always a little swelling and distortion when you remove lip implants. If you don't wait then the filler can just flow into the track of the implant and you are back to what you had when the implant was still there.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question.  Due to the degree of swelling of the lips with removal of the permalip implant, as well as the surrounding scar tissue, I would recommend waiting 1-2 months before pursuing dermal filler augmentation.  This will allow the tissues of your lips to return to their new normal, making dermal filler augmentation safer and more predictable.  Hope this helps.