What is the best way to remove the three moles from my face? (Photo)

Best way to remove facial moles

Depending on their size and location, facial moles can be easily removed by one of two methods. One is a "shave excision" where the mole is actually "shaved off" at a level just below the surface of the skin. The other is an excision with suture closure which uses both dissolving and non-dissolving sutures to give the best cosmetic result. Dermatologic surgeons typically do both procedures expertly and can decide which would be best for your particular mole. All methods of surgery will leave a scar but the trick is to minimize the scar using the proper technique.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- Lasers, Radiowave, Shave -- See an Expert

I suggest a formal consultation, there are many options for mole removal to limit scarring.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Mole removal

Thanks for your question. Surgical removal of a mole usually comes in two forms. 1) shave excision where the mole is "shaved down" so it is at the same level as the rest of the skin. This does not improve any discoloration that may be present, it simply helps the mole not be raised. The recurrence rate is higher for shave excisions as well. The other method is a complete surgical removal, this completely removes the mole and has a very low recurrence rate, however it does leave a scar. The tradeoff for completely removing a mole is to have a small scar in the area. Hope this helps. 

Julian W. Dixon, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon