Was seeing how much it would be to get a reduction on my nose and what would I need? (Photo)

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photograph.

With only a profile photograph of your nose, it is hard to accurately determine what you need to correct you nasal appearance. I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. Based on the photograph you have posted, I believe you may benefit from a dorsal hump reduction and tip rhinoplasty. A dorsal hump can be removed by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth out the bump. A tip rhinoplasty includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. In regards to cost, it varies based on surgeon and location. I can tell you that the RealSelf average cost for a rhinoplasty is between $7,000-$8,000. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

You will need to be seen in person to determine what you need. Each surgeon may charge a bit differently. 

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Cost varies based on geographic region and surgeon expertise.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Was seeing how much it would be to get a reduction on my nose and what would I need?

A full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about a rhinoplasty procedure, since the nose is a three-dimensional structure. The dorsal hump can be shaped down, the tip refined, and the bridge line narrowed with closed rhinoplasty. This is  accomplished by making all of the incisions on the inside of the nose. The cost of a rhinoplasty is directly proportional to the amount of time it takes to perform the procedure in an operating room, time monitored under anesthesia, and the surgeon's fee for performing the surgery. For more information, many before and after examples of rhinoplasty, and our current price list, please see the link and the video below

Based on your specific desires, a rhinoplasty may cost $7000 to $11000 in your area. However, each patient needs an individual assessment. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS