What would be a procedure to reduce the fat under my chin & create a thinner jaw line? (photos)

That type of chin I have is hereditary but although being almost 21, 5'1 & 98lbs I feel like it appears that I have a double chin. Please help me with what procedures I could have done to reduce that & what are great surgeons I could go to for that in Northern Illinois. And possibly as you could see in one of the pictures the fat by the corner of my mouth if there is something to reduce that too.

Consider Kybella

Kybella will help with the neck double chin.
The mouth area would need extremely small microcannula lipo.
Kybella is not recommended near the mouth due to risk of nerve irritation from the product.

Kybella / Coolmini

It is often tricky to determine the true needs of a patient from a photo but given your height, weight, age and minimal appearance of fat under the chin you may benefit from Kybella or Coolmini. Both are great non-surgical options. Kybella is an injectable treatment containing deoxycholic acid, a naturally-occurring molecule in the body that helps the breakdown and absorption of fat beneath your chin. Coolmini is the new handpiece from Coolsculpting and uses cryolipolysis technology, to target and destroy fat cells. Be sure to seek consultation with a board-certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon with experience of all options for best results. Good luck!

Carolyn Jacob, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella or Liposuction

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for Kybella. This is a series of injections that destroys the fat underneath the chin. This procedure must be repeated a few times. You might also consider liposuction. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Kybella

Given your age and excellent skin quality, one or two vials of Kybella should remove the small amount of submental fat you have and give you a sharper neckline.

John Burns, MD

Chin/Neck

There are two options for you.The first option is liposuction of the neck which is a simple outpatient procedure. The second option is with Kybella which is a series of injections in a single session in the office.