Best procedure for jawline/ cheek fat? (Photo)

I'm 19 years old and I'm very dissatisfied with the way my jawline appears. It almost looks as though my cheeks are jowling. What seems like the best procedure to look into for my cheeks/ jaw?

Jawline and Neck Fat best treated with Vaser Liposuction

Without a doubt jawline and neck fat is best treated with Vaser Ultrasonic Liposuction.   This gently removes the fat and the recovery is fast with little swelling or bruising.

Best procedure for jawline/ cheek fat?

At 19 you should avoid anything aggressive such as liposuction IMHO.  If I were to do anything, I would limit it to filler injection into the prejowl region to cover up the little excess fat in your jowl region.  Don't do anything that you might regret that could affect your facial features as you mature.  Regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Liposuction of the jawline/neck is what the doc recommends.

Liposuction under local is so easy and with great results for liposuction of the jawline/neck. Get it done ASAP.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Correcting jowling and cheek fat

From looking at your photos, it appears that you were concerned about the curve in the cheek along the jawline.  If you are wanting to create a smoother Jawline from the chin to the ear,  I would suggest filler in this particular area (called prejowl sulcus). Different fillers can last 1 to 2 years and are safe. This is also a very good choice in a young patient like yourself. Fillers include Juvéderm and restylane and are performed in the office in less than 20 minutes. Hope this helps!

Tripti Burt, MD
Plainfield Plastic Surgeon

UAL cervical facial

Please seek an in person consultation, you may be a candidate for simple liposuction of the area. Liposuction of the cervical facial area is usually done in one hour under local IV sedation. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #cervicalfacial

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Buccal Fat Pad Removal and Neck Liposuction

Thank you for your question. You seem to be a good candidate for a buccal fat pad removal and neck liposuction. The combination of these procedures will address your concerns which for the most part diet and exercise do not fix. You'll need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Improving jaw line/cheek fat

Thank you for asking about your jaw line and cheek fat.

• I don't think that with these photos, anyone can make a recommendation.
  • You may have deficient bone along the jaw, excess fat under the platysma and/or excess fat along the jaw.
  • I strongly suggest that you see a plastic surgeon to discuss surgical and non -surgical options, one the cause of the appearance is determined.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Best procedure for jawline/ cheek fat?

There are a few options but liposuction may be the best . An in-person evaluation would be the way to start. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Jaw line

You would have to be seen in person or post better photos. The angle is not ideal to determine what you may or may not need.