How soon after a breast augmentation with a lift will I have a post op appt?

Also how often will follow ups be?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well…
I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support!!

Care after Breast Lift and Implants

Thank you for using and posting your questions.

Every plastic surgeon has a different answer for this question.  I see all patients the next day to be sure there are no problems and give them a surgical bra.  Then, one week later to discuss care of the incisions and scar massage.  If no issues, then in another month.  I follow-up breast implant patients for a year.

If a patient is from out of town, I usually ask them to stay one week.  Then I can follow-up with them through emails and texts.

Dr Spies

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

You will see answers ranging from the next day to a week (rarely longer). I see my patients the next day to assess circulation to the skin flaps after breast lift, whether or not there is any sign of bleeding in the implant pocket, and to show my patients how to perform implant movement exercises starting right away--for it makes no sense to start after a week or longer when breaking healing adhesions might CAUSE bleeding.

But some surgeons don't recommend implant displacement exercises, or they perform lifts that do not raise skin flaps extensively to shape the breasts. Everyone is different and will have a "routine" that "works" for them. If you live at a distance from your surgeon, it might make sense to obtain overnight lodging near your surgeon's office or surgical location in case re-operation is needed. Furthermore, a long car ride is not the best way to avoid blood clots after surgery. Leg movement and elevation is important. Talk with your surgeon or staff. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Usually the surgeon will see you the day after or have you email a photograph of your nipples to make sure everything looks appropriate.  It is extremely rare to have blood supply issues but it can happen and surgeons want to recognize it early.  Follow up after is at 2 weeks in our office.  At that time sutures are trimmed and scar care is discussed.

Your follow-up appointment will depend on your surgeons a routine for following up breast augmentation with lift.

In my practice we see you the day after breast augmentation with lift  to make certain that blood supply and perfusion to the nipple areola and overlying skin is normal.  However it is perfectly acceptable for other plans by other surgeons.  For more information please see below:

Follow up after lift with implant

Thank you for your question.  Best to ask your surgeon as everyone has a different protocol.  In my practice I would usually see you within 3-5 days depending on the day of the week.  Good luck. 

How soon is postop appointment

Surgeons will vary in their practice methods and scheduling.  In my practice, patients are seen within 1 week after surgery.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS