Can PCA ultra peel forte be performed by an aesthetician?

Hi. Can PCA ultra peel forte be performed by an aesthetician? Or it can only be performed by a doctor? Thanks!

Doctor Answers 3

State to state regulations

In Australia, much like the US, each State has a different rule. Check with your States board. Concentration of peels, and types of lasers are also restricted. Generally, you will receive better results with a Specialist doctor than an aesthetician because we find a SOLUTION for your problem. In this case it may be a stronger peel, or a laser device. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist
4.7 out of 5 stars 77 reviews

PCA Ultra Peel

Check with your local regulatory board to answer this question.  In some jurisdictions aestheticians are regulated by the Board of Cosmetology.

Leslie Pickens, MD
Alexandria Emergency Medicine Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 2 reviews

Aesthetician or Cosmetic Dermatologist for Chemical Peel--Add Fillers, Lasers, Skin Tightening

I always recommend going to a cosmetic dermatologist. Chemical peel results can be maximized in combination with fillers, lasers, skin tightening (ultherapy), surgery, fat depending on your goals.  I suggest you see an expert to go through all the options. Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.