Pain and numbness after rhinoplasty?

I had a rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago , hump reduction and straighten out my nose , im not exaggerting when i say i had zero pain , i didnt have to use the pain medication at all , surprisingly after 3 weeks i start having a combination of pain and numbness at the nasal bones , thats the negative thing , but the positive thing that i start seeing the swelling going down there significantly .. im kinda confused .. why the pain started just after 3 weeks .. is that normal?

Delayed Pain after Rhinoplasty.. Is this Normal?

This is a common finding after Rhinoplasty and is usually do to the increase in your activity level.  One also must rule out a delayed infection process.  It the pain persists and redness starts to appear contact your Plastic Surgeon and he may suggest a period of antibiotics.  Good Luck 

Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.It is important for you to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may have seeing as they know your medical history, anatomy and surgery best but this can be common and shouldn’t be anything to worry about, the nerves are probably beginning to regrow at this time and this is why you are experiencing these sensations now. Just keep an eye on it and contact your surgeon if the pain gets worse over time. 
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon