Opinion on 475 HP gummy bear implant on my size 12 frame? (Photo)

My augmentation/lift are scheduled for a month from now. I am 5'7", 170 lbs, and I've breastfed 3 babies. I wear a small 36C (Victoria's Secret) but he said he'd call me a moderate B if he did a lift alone. My goal is a VS 36DD, which he considers a full 36D. I'm large framed, broad shoulder, and pear shaped carrying most of my weight in my thighs and legs. I want to make a statement, have upper pole fullness, cleavage, but still be proportional, hourglass, and be able to buy bras off the rack.

Opinion on 475 HP gummy bear implant on my size 12 frame?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift with augmentation such as silicone implants, you will get very nice results, contact a board certified plastic surgeon, hugs!

The Horndeski Method™

You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called The Horndeski Method™.The breast tissue is reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars associated with the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.At the same time or at a later time, small implants can be added or fat transfer to the breast.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Gummy or anatomic or cohesive gel LESS UPPER POLE FULLNESS

So many terms are thrown around for these implants that it is difficult to know exactly which implant your are describing. I think. 475 is a reasonable choice but a tear drop or anatomic "gummy bear" does not tend to give you the same "upper pole fullness" you are requesting that a round implant will achieve

What size will I be

In my opinion, it's very difficult to tell what size someone's going to be with a particular implant from a photograph. In our office we use the Vectra 3-D imaging which can give a fairly representative and accurate depiction of what each implant will look like in multiple views on any individual patient. Having said that, generally speaking at 475 mL implant in a patient starting at a large B cup should make a D cup. For your shaped breasts with a little bit of ptosis, a taller anatomically shaped implant would look better in my opinion then around implant. Good luck with your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

475 cc Implants

For your size a 475 cc implant sounds like it would be within a reasonable size range to achieve a D cup or larger.  I prefer the use of round cohesive gel implants but an anatomic implant might help to reduce the appearance of droopiness and low nipple position that I see.  I would as a surgeon wish to have your consent to decide during surgery whether a periareiolar or Benelli lift should be performed to raise your nipple/areolar positions.
Like many other surgeons I choose to select a final implant size during surgery when I can judge and visualize the resulting contour and size with a test implant in place.  Others choose to preselect and stick with that choice.
Good luck to you and enjoy your results.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast implant sizing

Patients seeking advice regarding implant sizes online will find only general advice that may or may not be applicable to their case. My recommendations would be to focus on choosing your surgeon carefully. Find a surgeon with results similar to your goals. Online reviews can be helpful if you don’t have anyone close to recommend a surgeon. These days anyone with a medical license can perform cosmetic surgery so finding a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery confirms they had appropriate training and experience.

I prefer to use a sizing system to help decide volume (cc) and then using patient’s measurements decide the final implant. High profile implants often are used with larger implants as long as the breast width isn’t too wide. Using a wider implant than the breast width is often avoided but can sometimes give the patient the look and breast shape they are going for. There are 3D imaging options such as Crisalix or Vectra which can also be helpful. The most important aspect is an open discussion between you and your surgeon. General terms such as “natural look” or “not too big” can mean completely different things to any given patient so often photos of what you like or are hoping for can be very helpful.

Looking at your photos I think your size seems appropriate. You may ultimately wish for larger implants but using implants over 500cc at the same time as a lift can increase complications so a two stage procedure could be considered. Hope this helps.

Josh Olson MD

Breast Lift with implant: 475HP

Thank you for your question. A physical examination would be required to give you my opinion on sizing. I highly suggest you "try" the implants on during a consultation prior to your surgery. Trying the implants on will give you a visual of your final results.  Take the bra you want to fill out and a shirt with you to your consultation.  Best of luck with your surgery.  

Rafi S. Bidros, MD, FACS

Implant choice

it is difficult to predict what volume implants is right for you without  an exam in person. It does look  like you could benefit from a circumareola lift as well.

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Generally speaking, patients undergoing the breast augmentation/lifting combination operation should understand that it is significantly more complex than breast augmentation surgery only and that it is associated with a significantly higher risk of complications and need for additional surgery.

Also, patients undergoing the combination breast augmentation/lifting surgery should understand that there are limits as to how large of an outcome can be achieved, given that breast lifting surgery does involve breast skin removal. On the one hand, breast augmentation surgery is expanding the breast skin “envelope” while breast lifting is (by definition) tightening up the breast skin envelope. These 2 forces are counteracting each other.

Therefore, it becomes important to remove the appropriate amount of breast skin and to use the appropriate size/profile of breast implants to balance these 2 forces appropriately and to allow for achievement of the patient's goals while minimizing risks of complications.

Also, generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "DD cup" or "make a statement" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast  augmentation/lifting surgery concerns), helps.

Not large enough implants! But first do full lift than as a second operation use a 600 to 750 cc implant.....