Nose looks worse after revision rhinoplasty, should I risk another one?

So around this time last year I had a brutal incident where I broke my nose and got a couple scars on it too, I was not happy with how it looked so I did some research and found a very expensive high rated surgeon. I wanted my nose to be straight again and for this bump that had formed on the side to be smoothed out. But now, 3 months after the surgery my nose looks somehow even more crooked and the bump is still there and just looks even worse than before. Should I risk another surgery?

Revision surgery

It is important to understand that every revision increases the risk of complications. However, if you are really bothered then a revision can help a lot. Discuss this with your surgeon and get her/his honest feedback as well.

Regards

Dr. J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Another surgery? Maybe. Later.

Keep monitoring how your nose heals, and eventually you'll have to decide why the nose didn't turn out so well. See the "Web reference" link, just below my post. It contains a section on how to decide whether you should allow your primary surgeon to perform a revision.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty?

I'm sorry to hear about your nasal trauma. You are still relatively early in your recovery process and sometimes final results are not evident for up to a year after surgery. Revision rhinoplasty will always be an option and is necessary in about 10-15% of primary cases regardless of the indication. Be patient and maintain your follow up appointments. A good surgeon will stay involved throughout the entire postoperative period. Good luck!

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist