My nipples point out and away and my breasts sag. Would a breast lift alone solve this? (photos)

I really hate how triangular my breasts are and would like them to be rounder and with nipples not pointing down. Is there a way to solve this? I am alright with the size I'm not too greedy I just want them to look better. If possible what would the ballpark cost be?

Find the right surgeon to decide if you need a lift or not?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation .

My nipples point out and away and my breasts sag. Would a breast lift alone solve this?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures. At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Thank you for your question.  Your breasts have a tuberous appearance.  You can get improvement with a mastopexy (breast lift) along with breast implants which would make your breasts more round.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Nipples that point out can be corrected with a breast lift. The shape can be made rounder with implants

First I would recommend implants to give your breasts a rounder shape. Next you need simultaneous vertical mastopexies to help move the nipples in and a little higher (this technique can be adapted to your particular need which is a little different from most). Some tissue will be removed and this will be balanced by the implants. In my practice the cost, including anesthesia and the surgery center would be $7600 (saline implants). Your surgeon needs to be very experienced because you have a more difficult condition than most women. Your areolae can be reduced a little. If you like, you can visit my website to learn more and look at photos. I think you can get to the point that you like your breasts.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for your question and photos.  In a face to face meeting you can discuss the option of lift alone vs. lift and small implants with your surgeon.  It should be very helpful but keep in mind that it is easier to move your areolae upward than it is to move them inward.  Still, the result should provide a nice improvement for you.  As stated by others you do have mild tuberous breast shaping.  Regards and best wishes. Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Start with a lift

You have a tuberous shape to your breasts.  This means that the lower aspect of your breasts are restricted / tight contributing to what bothers you about your breast shape.  A peri-areolar breast lift could help improve your shape and areolar position.  An implant would help impart more of a rounder shape at the time of your lift...that being said if you don't want to upsize you can always see what a small lift alone for you will do - an implant can always be added later.

Breast shape

You are definitely a candidate for a breast lift but from your pictures you have a mild form of tubular breast deformity. This is what makes your breasts more triangular shaped. In order to round out your breasts, you will get the best result with an implant placement. Depending on the size of the implant, you may not need a lift. I would discuss this with a plastic surgeon in person.
Good luck!

Jennifer Boll, MD
Tempe Plastic Surgeon

Changing nipple posiion

Thank you for the post. Generally speaking, a patient's candidacy for breast lift surgery is predicated on the position of the nipple relative to the fold beneath the breast. Generally speaking, the nipple ideally resides 1-2cm ABOVE the level of the fold. As the nipple descends down from that point, breast lift surgery may be an option for patients interested in a more "perky" appearance. You may be a candidate for this procedure through an in-person examination would be required to determine that. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation to learn if that might be the best way for you to meet your goals. As far as pricing this will vary depending on the specifics of your procedure as determined by an exam, location, surgeon, facility, and anesthesia used. Good luck!