Any new solutions for rippling implants ?

I am skinny . Very thin skin . 107lb 5 4" . I have aready had 3 breast surgeries ( none under the muscle) , all silicone . It just gets worse . Ahould i just give up on having large breasts ? Rippling is pretty bad . So ugly I have to wear turtle necks. :-(

Implant rippling

There are a few ways to handle this: pocket change to under the muscle, fat injections, tightening the skin, enlarging and firming the implant, using acellular dermal matrix.  I would see your breast surgeon and discuss these options with him or her

Implant Rippling

Sorry for your experience.  Here are the options that remain for you:
-Switch to a more cohesive silicone implant which has lower rates of rippling
-Place the implants under the muscle
-Fat grafting above the implant.

Good luck.

Khashayar Mohebali, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant rippling

Hi
switch to under the muscle silicone. Consider fat grafting as an add on to help if needed.

best

David Shifrin, MD

Breast Implant Rippling

A newer over filled implant such as the Allergan Inspira can help reduce rippling. Visit a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more.

Options to improve rippling appearance?

Rippling has to do with implant type and the coverage (breast tissue, muscle) that you have.
I would consider site change from sub glandular to sub-muscular plane.  You can also consider Inspira or 410 anatomic implants.
Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Solution for Rippling Implants

If you are having trouble with rippling, you may benefit by subpectoral revision. Another thing to consider is the possibility of fat grafting to thicken the layer of skin and fat on top of the implant pocket.

Rippling

In my opinion, there are different reasons for rippling. Some are intrinsic to the implant and the thinness of the overlying tissue. Others, however can be due to traction and heaviness of the implant. In most cases rippling can be improved by going to a more form stable implant like an Allergan 410. I have used Strattice in many occasion both to add support for traction wrinkling and hide wrinkles towards the sternum. Fat grafting is likewise been helpful in more than a few cases. I'd recommend seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area to discuss these options. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Rippling implants

There are always options. You may want to consider higher fill gel implants under the muscle. A biologic mesh may also be indicated.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended.

Under muscle

Well, the most obvious option would be to place your implants under the muscle or to try a different type implant (although my guess is that you've already done that). Sorry that you are experiencing this. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Rippling

Dear latina:
You may need to consider a site change surgery and have your implants placed under the muscle.  In addtion, you may need to consider the form stable Allergan 410 implants.  The are firmer silcone implants.   Lastly, you may need to consider the internal bra technique.  However, a formal physical exam is needed to make any recommendations.  Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX