Can natural results be achieved with UHPs? Or less than likely? (photos)

I was led straight to the UHPs (280 cc vs.320 cc) w/o trying on any HPs, but I've yet to find 1 woman on the internet with UHPs that look soft & natural-ish? I get that my chest is narrow (BWD 10-10.5), which liimits my ranges to HP &UHP. But the bolted on small grapefruit look leaves much to be desired! Making my deposit this week, & I want to trust my PS but UHPs are crayy. I'm not completely flat chested, so I'd like to think there's boobage for natural, full looking results (full C??)

Can natural results be achieved with UHPs? Or less than likely

generally speaking, the higher the profile the more unnatural a breast augmentation will look as natural breast do not have that narrow base and high projection.

UHP should be avoided

Thank you for your question. You are absolutely correct, UHP implants uniformly look unnatural as do most HP implants. I disagree that you are too small for moderate plus profile implants. They look much more natural than any of the high profile implants.  It may be wise to get a second opinion. Be sure to see and experienced board certified plastic surgeon and look at his/her before and after photos first!

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

HP and UHP implants

In my opinion, women with thin soft tissue coverage and small amounts of breast tissue will have a very "stark" appearance with UHP implants. This is because the transition of the thin tissues surrounding the breast make a very acute angle from the tall iplant. Try to find a provider with Vectra 3d imaging to see the differences in implant shapes on your body. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

The right implant size to achieve your goals

In terms of sizing, there are several factors that plastic surgeons consider when recommending implant sizes. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr.Basu
Houston, TX

3D imaging

3D photographic imaging would be helpful in your case.  You could see exactly what an UHP implant would look like on your body and see if that is what you really want.  A second opinion might be helpful as well.

John Burns, MD

UHP implants / natural?

With a very narrow base diameter the limitations for implant volume are restricted.  The most natural look and best results happen with an implant that is the appropriate width.  Too wide and the implant is under your arm, too narrow and the implant doesn't have enough volume.  So the option for more volume in a very narrow chested woman is to increase the profile.  The decision is ultimately up to you for what you'd like as your final result.  Is volume or shape more important to you?  Talk to your surgeon about your concerns.  Best wishes.

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

HP vs UHP

With a small breast width, you are limited in terms of the volume and profile.  If your width really is in the 10-10.5cm range, then a 250HP is probably the largest that could fit without being too wide.  In the UHP, that width could fit the 275-300 range.  What you have to decide is what is more important - size (UHP) or more natural appearance (HP)?  Only you can answer that.  It never hurts to go for another consultation and see what another board certified plastic surgeon recommends.  I hope this helps.

UHP breast implants

Hi
UHP's are the most projecting implant available. I generally choose HP in narrow chested women wanting fuller volumes, but it is s decision you and your surgeon need to make together.

Best!

David Shifrin, MD

Breast augmentation sizing using breast implant sizers

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, thank for your height and weight and breast size estimates, they do help. There is really no way to accurately predict what size you would like without an examination. During your examination and consultation, you should try on some sample sizes and see what you are comfortable with. Then the PS can help explain with the size and current condition of your breasts.

If you have accomplished this step, then trust your plastic surgeons advice as to what would be the best size for you. They have the experience. If you are uncomfortable, go on another consultation.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants - Sizing

Ultra high profile implants are common for patients who are narrow chested but want a large volume increase. It is hard to give an opinion on your particular breasts without pictures but if you are unsure of the sizing you can always seek a second opinion before committing. 

#PlasticSurgery #BreastAug #BreastImplants #Sizing #plasticsurgeryconsultation