Are my breasts uneven or do I have to give it more time for dropping? Should I look into a revision now? (Photo)

I know it takes months in some cases for the final result, but I feel my right breast is higher than the left, also may be that the pocket is not quite center,it feels like the implant is to close too my armpit and it tends to look flat and wide. I am 9 weeks post op. I had a full lift with silicone implants under the muscle 397cc natrelle style 15

Asymmetry 9 weeks post-op breast lift plus implants is entirely normal.

Thanks for the photos showing your progress. 9 weeks SEEMS like you are well into your healing, but actually, it takes a full 6-12 months to reach your "final" result. Even if you had major asymmetry that might seem unlikely to even out, it is much too early to be thinking about revision at this stage. Much has yet to change.

There are some things that can be done to help encourage healing to occur along desired patterns, so keep in close contact with your surgeon and follow his/her advice regarding displacement exercises, elastic bandeau use, and/or bra support.

Most asymmetries will improve over time, but absolute symmetry is an unrealistic expectation. But be patient with the process, and the time it takes to achieve your "final" result before asking about revision. Appreciate your surgeon's efforts thus far--you have an excellent result, and perfection is an elusive goal for ALL of us. Best wishes!~ Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Early Post-operative Asymmetry

It's not unusual for women to have some asymmetry in the immediate post-operative period. This asymmetry is often related to swelling, muscle spasm and the healing process itself. Asymmetry usually improves as swelling resolves, muscles relax and the healing process continues. This process typically continues for 3 to 6 months following this type of procedure.

Your pictures suggest a relatively good result for someone who's only nine weeks post-op. Under these circumstances, it's important to wait at least six months before considering revisional surgery. In the interim, it's important to be patient and maintain good communication with your plastic surgeon.

Healing after #breastlift and #augmentation surgery

This is early healing

Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will be changing.

If you have concerns that something is more unusual, you should contact your PS to discuss these concerns

Are my breasts uneven or do I have to give it more time for dropping? Should I look into a revision now?

Thank you for your question. Your results look good.  Your also very early in your recovery from breast implant surgery. Over the next few weeks your breasts will soften and change. Final results take 3-6 months. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and follow his instructions. Best Wishes

Asymmetry is normal

Depending on how your breasts were before surgery, asymmetry may be enhanced with implants. Remember that asymmetry is the norm when it comes to a woman's breasts. Please wait about 4 months after your surgery. At that time you'll have a better idea of how you'll look in the long term.

Your 8 week result for lift with breast augmentation looks good give it more time.

The early result looks quite good.  The asymmetry you have or not uncommon.  I  assume that you will continue to even out over the next 2-3 months.  Follow closely with your plastic surgeon.

Early Results May Equalize After Breast Lift With Implants

Yes, you seem to have some early asymmetry but this can change and equalize over time depending on swelling and other factors.  I would wait at least 6 months before considering what your final results are going to look like.

Breast Lift with Implants is a good surgery but, in general, the revision rates are slightly higher compared to breast augmentation alone and breast lift alone.

To be sure, return regularly to see your surgeon or see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast Lift with Implants

Hi GladGirls,
Yes you are early in your healing, but that is a good thing.  There is still time to modify things.  Keep your surgeon in the loop and freely share your concerns.  Overall, you look great on front view at rest!   So if your right is a little high, obtain an elastic breast band and place the band over the right side and under the left side.  Use a safety pin, pinned to your bra strap, on the right to keep the band high enough to "remind" the right implant to keep dropping.  Also, give it more time overall.  All the best, "Dr. Joe"

Concerns about augmentation mastopexy

Thank you for your pictures. Your augmentation mastopexy a natural state looks very good. They assume a little bit of odds shape when severely compressed. That can be normal. But she do not walk around and pressed compressed so I would not worry about that shape.

Too Early To Tell

It is too early to tell your final result.  Give it 3-6 months.  Some asymmetry is bound to exist, discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Overall, your results appear quite good.  Good Luck, 

Gaurav Bharti

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon