Morning of surgery - lower body lift. Is it ok to use a laxative suppository in the morning?

I was told to not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before surgery. However, is it ok to use a laxative suppository in the morning?

Hi Eli

I would not use a laxative in the morning of the surgery. Body lift is a long procedure that will involve turning you (whilst you are under GA). If you have had laxatives in the morning, there is a high chance  of soiling whilst you are on the operating table and that can cause problems particularly with wound infection. The best strategy will be to have them after surgery should you need it! Please consult your board certified plastic surgeon who is carrying out the surgery as he/she will have a post operative protocol for you.