1 month post BR and my incision area is looking black. Is this normal? I still have lots of extra skin. Will it go away? (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 5
Incisions discolored 1 month after surgery
1 month post op, some advices:
1 month after Breast Reduction, it's not time enough to express a valid opinion of results.
On the other hand, generally to avoid the normal p.o. swelling, I recommend to limit the arms movement for two weeks.
Also it's not advisable to carry weight and take the antiinflamatory painkillers drugs.
Finally, I recommend you always use a therapeutic bra.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-
You might also like...
Breast reduction - dark scars and loose skin after a month
- Dark scars can develop in people with color in their skin - after any surgery.
- This appears to be what has happened in you.
- The loose skin is the result of having a vertical breast lift -
- The skin is swollen and the skin will slowly shrink down.
- You will however probably need a small revision in 6 months - usually done in the office as there may still be some excess skin.
- You should also arrange to see your surgeon in the next 2 weeks, for a six week check of your healing.
- Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Concerned with Extra Skin After Breast Reduction
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.