1 month post BR and my incision area is looking black. Is this normal? I still have lots of extra skin. Will it go away? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 5
Incisions discolored 1 month after surgery
1 month post op, some advices:
1 month after Breast Reduction, it's not time enough to express a valid opinion of results.
On the other hand, generally to avoid the normal p.o. swelling, I recommend to limit the arms movement for two weeks.
Also it's not advisable to carry weight and take the antiinflamatory painkillers drugs.
Finally, I recommend you always use a therapeutic bra.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-
You might also like...
Breast reduction - dark scars and loose skin after a month
- Dark scars can develop in people with color in their skin - after any surgery.
- This appears to be what has happened in you.
- The loose skin is the result of having a vertical breast lift -
- The skin is swollen and the skin will slowly shrink down.
- You will however probably need a small revision in 6 months - usually done in the office as there may still be some excess skin.
- You should also arrange to see your surgeon in the next 2 weeks, for a six week check of your healing.
- Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Concerned with Extra Skin After Breast Reduction
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.