Considering mommy makeover. Would I need full or mini tuck? (Photo)

I don't like how flat my breasts are at the top, I'd much prefer a higher profile but don't want GIGANTIC boobs

Mommy Makeover

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi and thank you for your questions and pictures.  Just from your pictures alone you appear to be a good candidate for a full abdominoplasty with liposuction.  A mini tummy tuck will not address loose extra skin above the belly button nor will it correct any muscle separation you likely have.  As for your breasts, you will likely benefit from a breast lift +/- an implant depending on your desired end result.  Best you meet with a plastic surgeon in person who can evaluate you and discuss all of your options in detail in person.  Good Luck!

Mommy makeover: do I need a full tummy tuck?, and what is best procedure for breasts?

Although you could get a nice improvement with a miniabdominoplasty with muscle plication, and aggressive liposuction, you would get a more complete correction with a full abdominoplasty. The difference in recovery is modest, and the major downside is a scar at the site of the belly buitton, but that can be well hidden usually. I would suggest you ask to see after photos from your surgeon, since the belly button is visible.   Regarding your breasts, a breast lift combined with some liposuction lateral to the breast will narrow the breast so it is less wide and fat.  For optimal superior pole fullness many patients choose to place a small implant: not for size but for shape. The breast can be reduced to make the overall size what you desire.  Both procedures are routinely done at the same time.

Mommy Makeover Procedures

In our office, from the post that you have made, it would appear to be abdominoplasty with liposuction. You would also be able to add a breast lift, which would help maintain size while lifting. This could all be done with the mommy makeover, combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BeastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair. The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, #breastreduction. Now, the best thing to do is to seek out a local surgeon in order to have a consultation where you would be able to determine best which procedures will help you achieve your desired results. 

Mommy makeover

Thank you for submitting your pictures and questions. After reviewing your pictures, I think you would experience the best results from a full tummy tuck, and even better results if you combine the tummy tuck with liposuction to contour your abdomen, flanks and hips. I would recommend a breast lift, possibly with implants as well, but that is something we would need to discuss in more detail during a consultation. At this point I recommend consulting in person with a board certified plastic surgeon who has a lot of experience in Mommy Makeover procedures. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Mini- or full tummy Tuck?

Reviewing your photos  I note that you have some central abdominal adipose tissue and muscle separation. Both of the breasts have some droop and relative lack of volume.
The procedure which is most likely to address your esthetic concerns is a Mommy Makeover with a full tummy tuck and a breast lift including implants to create naturally shaped breasts. A mini tuck will not achieve complete reduction of the excess fatty tissue in the upper abdomen. Make sure that your plastic surgeon is well experienced in MommyMakeovers and has plenty of before and after photos to demonstrate prior patients results.

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Suffolk Plastic Surgeon

Mommy

You need to consult with a plastic surgeon who can run through the pros and cons with you. The answer to your question is determined on your expectations vs what can be achieved.

You have the options of mini vs full and then breast lift +/- implant +/- autologous fat transfer. The breast query revolves around your integration of gigantic and again you need to be sized and shown pictures of results to determine what is needed. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Considering mommy makeover. Would I need full or mini tuck?

Based on the photo you provided, you would benefit from a full tummy tuck procedure. The tummy tuck involves repair of the rectus muscles, which have beed stretched from pregnancy, and removal of excess loose skin and tissue. A mini tummy tuck would not provide with you with a nice long-lasting result and only involves improving the area below the belly button, which could affect the look of the area above the belly button area causing an unwanted bulge.  The "mini tummy tuck" surgery is an operation that involves treatment of the lowest part of the abdominal wall. In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an operation that produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.I hope this and the link / video below are helpful as you continue to do your research.

Mommy Makeover - Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast augmentation and tummy tuck. The skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Mommy Makeover

It´s my pleasure to answer your question.

You are a candidate for the mommy makeover: liposculpture, tummy tuck and breast lift.

Can be done in two surgeries. First liposculpture and tummy tuck and in a second surgery the breast lift.

Sincerely,

Dr. Aramis Vega
Plastic Surgeon

Aramis Vega, MD

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photo you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck procedure to produce beautiful overall results.  Schedule a consultation with a board cetified plastic surgeon to discuss your options, address your goals and conerns then work together to cbuild the surgical plan that best helps you achieve your overall desired look.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD